Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 262c for sale

Views : 6075

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 22:56   #1
Volvo262
I've Been Banned

Default Volvo 262c for sale

Volvo 262c Bertone Auto FOR SALE

Being a Volvo 200 series enthusiast I bought the Volvo 262c roughly 5 years ago with the intention of restoring it back to its former glory. Over the first couple of years I carried out alot of work to it and spent a small fortune. The work carried out include:

- Full Respray
- Brand new leather top with original emblems
- New Brakes and Disks
- New shock absorbers (Bilstein)
- Full Service (Oil change, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Distribution cap, HT Leads)
- Volvo Silencer purchased but not fitted

As you can see from the list I worked tirelessly on the car and only a few more week of attention it would have been up on the road. However, due to my Grandad passing and later work circumstances I never did get round to finishing the project. So for the past few years it has been sat parked on my Parents driveway. It was only till recently returning back home that I remembered it was there!

The reason for selling the car is because I dont have the time to spend on the car which it does deserve. It will not take much now to get it up and on the road.

Bodywork and Engine of the car are very strong, the interior will require attention.

I have plenty of pictures of the car as it was being resprayed and as other work was carried out, I tried to create a portfolio. I will happily give these to the new proud owner.

There is also paperwork with car much of it being from Volvo themselves, somewhere in there I remember seeing that the Engine Head was rebuilt by Volvo themselves!

I have posted an advertisement on gumtree so please click the link below to see pictures...

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...sale/106023072

Feel free to ring me to ask any further questions. I am asking for 2000 pounds ONO

Regards

Peter
Volvo262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 00:15   #2
minesa240x3
loyalty

Looks to be a very nice car,Shame you can't keep it after so much work.I wish you and the new owner well.And hope to see it at a meet one day hopefully.
Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 21:00   #3
v70cd

Yep, truly a sad day to see my Nephew's 262c for sale. Very rare to see these on our roads and still with it's original engine. I believe that some 262c owners replaced the original engine with a later one from a 260 - was this the one known as PRV ? (or something like that !!). And suprisingly, mechanical parts are still widely available and probably a easier fit that modern cars...just needs a little TLC.

Anyway, if I had the money, I would have it off him for 2 grand and oh how the heads will turn when you cruise the highways.

I've seen it and driven it and they definately don't make, or will ever make Volvos like this again.

Go on...pick up that phone folks !!

Good Luck

240 DL, 240 GL, 740 GLT, 440 GLT, 960 3.0CD, S40 1.6, 240GL, 240 SE, 262C Bertone, V70 T5, V70 CD TDi, C70 2.0T.
v70cd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to v70cd For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 08:44   #4
262coupe

Hi Peter,

Does the car drive and what is the condition of the gearbox? Also I note you say the interior requires work could you give me more details? Where is the car located?

Simon
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 22:18   #5
Volvo262
I've Been Banned

Hi Simon,

The car has been left parked up for the last couple of years now. When I was carrying out work on it did start and drive. I will be more than happy to jump start it so you can hear how strong the engine sounds. It was the main reason I purchased the car in the first place. To my knowledge the gearbox is fine I've never had a problem with it. I originally bought 262 from Telford and drove it back on the motorway and it pulled like a train.

The interior has been neglected and does require TLC. The leather seats will require and good scrub, the roof lining has come loose in areas but generally I would give the interior a 6/10. If you wish I'll take some pictures and send them to your email if that helps?

Finally, I'm based in Handsworth Birmingham, no more than 15 minutes drive from the city centre.

I hope this has been helpful, if there's any further question do not hesitate to contact.

Regards,

Peter
Volvo262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 20:11   #6
yoda960
Volvo 960

Smile

Just to let everyone know, I'll hopefully be the new owner of this lovely 262c and i hope with a bit of work I'll be able to bring it along to some meets I've hankered after a 262c for some time now so looking forward to it
yoda960 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yoda960 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 22:54   #7
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well thats fantastic news.If I had facilities to work on it I would have tried for it myself.They are something special to be sure.
It sounds like most of the work has been done so hopefully not to much to finish it.
I look forward to seeing it at a meet and saying hi to you.
Wishing you well with it.
Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 19:16   #8
yoda960
Volvo 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Well thats fantastic news.If I had facilities to work on it I would have tried for it myself.They are something special to be sure.
It sounds like most of the work has been done so hopefully not to much to finish it.
I look forward to seeing it at a meet and saying hi to you.
Wishing you well with it.
Regards Brian.
Thanks Brian

I've not got any experience in bodywork so this project sounded ideal for me - i.e. the big bit done, i'll definately enjoy getting it upto scratch though and as i've already said to Peter I will get a project thread sorted at some point with lots of pics and the history.

As you say they are a bit special, a bit 'marmite' perhaps too! I for one love the unique styling.

Look forward to meeting you also

Many thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to yoda960 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 08:45   #9
262coupe

Hi Peter, if you could end me some interior pics I'd be grateful. It sounds like you may have found a buyer but just in case !! e_z_tiger@hotmail.co.uk is my address.... I restored a 262 5 years ago and had to sell it to pay my tax bill. I've wanted another one ever since!!
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 19:22   #10
yoda960
Volvo 960

Just to let others know, I went to view this today and i've decided not to go for it. If others are interested then someone please save this rare beast
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yoda960 For This Useful Post: