Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 ecu me7

Views : 4663

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2014, 20:41   #1
map360

Default V70 ecu me7

Hi, i ave recently switched from my v70t5 1997 to a v70 2001 p2.
I was wondering if anyone would know if a s60 t5 2002 ecu would work on my 2001 v70.
The s60 is running a remap at 297bhp and mine is completely stock the question is can i switch them over problem free?
i cant afford to get it remapped as tis is between 300 and 500 to get done as its the me7 bosch ecu so really need a cheaper option to get some gains.
Or does anyone know if i buy an ecu already remapped from the same as mine would that work if so does anyone have one for sale, Any help or advise would be appreciated thanks.
map360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 23:19   #2
map360

I see people are viewing my post but not replying does this mean im not the only one in the dark about this.????
Are there not more people on here with the ME7 ecu that have upgraded or remapped.Even a discussion on the subject may help me and others in the future
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 23:24   #3
mistybornT5
VOC Member

hi mate, id say if its the same engine in the s60 as in the v70 t5 then I don't see why it wouldn't work!! the only issue would be would the keys and immobilizer!!

maybe try it see what happens!!

Last edited by mistybornT5; Feb 12th, 2014 at 23:40.
mistybornT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 23:48   #4
map360

Thanks mate i didnt even think about that.. not that my alarm is working tho but i was just considering putting on and see.
To be honest im really regretting buying it. It seems the only way to get more performance from the me7 cars is to get a remap i see you have one like mine do you have yours remaped ?
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 00:28   #5
mistybornT5
VOC Member

mine ex police so been told it chipped to 300bhp but when talking on here alot of folk say the ex police v70's aren't chipped and standard 260bhp!! either way its as fast as a fat chick chasing a burger van!!! so if its standard it will be even faster when I do get it remapped!! the only way I can find out is to dyno it which I plan to do soon!!
mistybornT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:35   #6
Bernard333
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by map360 View Post
I see people are viewing my post but not replying does this mean im not the only one in the dark about this.????
Are there not more people on here with the ME7 ecu that have upgraded or remapped.Even a discussion on the subject may help me and others in the future
I am replying but only to say, yes I am also in the dark on this and also have a 2001 T5 , I am not interested in having more than the 240bhp its already got as I would not know what to do with it but I agree with you a discussion on the subject would be good. I think you cannot swop ecus as mistybornT5 says the imobiliser would be a problem. I was also under the impression right or wrong that all the modules are coded to prevent them being swopped from one car to another. It was suggested to me by Thanatos helping me with advice to try swopping a D5 ecu to see if it would get a non starter going that may have an ecu problem also swopping the key/antenna wiring etc along with ecu might work , not tried it yet but considering the idea.
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:49   #7
martinrpeachey
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistybornT5 View Post
mine ex police so been told it chipped to 300bhp but when talking on here alot of folk say the ex police v70's aren't chipped and standard 260bhp!! either way its as fast as a fat chick chasing a burger van!!! so if its standard it will be even faster when I do get it remapped!! the only way I can find out is to dyno it which I plan to do soon!!
Yours will be 247bhp standard.
Police cars are NEVER remapped from the factory.
Some have the rev limiter raised and the speed limiter removed.
On very rare occasions, some are remapped by the force, usually armed response or SCO but again, VERY rarely.
A simple remap on a 2319cc police car will not get any where near 300bhp, 270-280 at best on a very healthy engine. Other hardware modifications are needed for the magic 300.
The later 2.4 T5 engines are 260bhp as standard, I recently saw a healthy 2.4 T5 plodder make 276 bhp with just green injectors and a stainless catback system. A remap on this car will see it at around 320 bhp but the 2.4 is a much more advanced engine and can't be used as a basis for comparison to the 2.3 T5.

On to the swapping of the ECU - no. It won't work, the ECU, like the DIM, CEM, REM and most of the major electrical systems in the P2, are all coded to the car. There are however, some companies that can copy the map from another ECU and flash it to yours for around 150 quid.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 13:06   #8
martinrpeachey
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by map360 View Post
Thanks mate i didnt even think about that.. not that my alarm is working tho but i was just considering putting on and see.
To be honest im really regretting buying it. It seems the only way to get more performance from the me7 cars is to get a remap i see you have one like mine do you have yours remaped ?
There's a few basic things you can do to get a bit more grunt from your car.
Replace the injectors or get them refurbished - this will give you more response, top end torque and much better MPG.
Tighten the wastegate actuator - they go slack after 100+k miles
Replace or clean the MAP (boost pressure) sensor - replacement is probably best.
Replace the TCV and all the vac lines.

And if you're careful, you can even fit a bleed valve to make the boost come in sooner, giving the car a more aggressive feel. Be careful tho as it can cause all sorts of trouble.
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 00:15   #9
map360

Thanks lads i have not changed the ecu to try it yet so dont think i will bother, sound about right that they are set to the car with key codes and stuff.
I do like the idea of changing the injectors over to bigger cc ones but will the me7 flid out with those?
I did try to put a manual boost control on it in various different places ie before control valve and after and even as a bypass but in all cases the ecu sensed overboost and shut it off,so i gave up on that idea but i did change the vac hoses.
I have also been told about giving the actuator arm a twist or 2 but what i didnt understand is that they go slack after so long so that can cause a loss of boost so that will be first thing on my list to do, or even look at buying a new one or short mileage used actuator.
To be honest as the car goes i really love it i was lucky enough to get a nice tidy looked after one for its age,i just wished it was as simple as my 97 t5 to play with...i will upload some pics soon.
I also found a guy in S****horpe that will remap to 276bhp for £150 buy post but im not to confident in sending it off as you dont know if it will come back the same and be £150 down for nothing. does any one know some where in the Midlands that do these me7 remap for around the same price?
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 00:23   #10
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

You mean send your ECU by post .
thats so yesterday .
they map it via the obd port .
mike