Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Service and Warranty during COVID-19 Regulation Changes

Views : 15665

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2020, 12:25   #11
Nodwad

Default Warranty on lease car

Hello I have a Volvo car on a 4 year lease,the warranty is supposed to come to the end after 3 years.been told that with it been a leased car Volvo would extend the lease until lease is at the end.can you please tell me if this is right and if so where can I get this in writing please.many thanks
Nodwad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nodwad For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 16:02   #12
destone

Angry

We submitted a Covid-19 related complaint with Volvo UK. Below is the complaint submitted with personal information redacted.

===

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to file an official complaint with Volvo UK.

My husband, on my behalf, visited one of your official branches (Volvo Rybrook Warrington) for an XC90 Inscription servicing.

He arrived at ~8:40 am and departed at ~1:15 pm.

He spent over 4 hours in your customers’ waiting area while the car was being serviced.

He was dismayed at what he observed. The entrance door clearly indicates that masks are mandatory to be worn at all times, in addition to the 2 metres (6 ft) social distancing.

However, during the 4+ hours he spent there, numerous staff members and customers were *not wearing* any masks or face coverings, even during close interactions and conversations with one another.

In fact, one female customer without any masks was talking on her phone with the occasional cough and sneeze.

I have no words to describe how uneasy this made my husband feel. There is clear evidence in the scientific community that Covid-19 is an airborne disease.

I would like you to take this up with the branch manager at the Rybrook branch. Immediate steps must be taken so that what my husband had to experience does not repeat again.

Regards
destone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 18:40   #13
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

disappointing isn't it, and I expect far from unusual. Did your husband raise the issue when he was there? I'd also suggest you should contact Rybrook themselves, either the dealer principal at that branch or for the Group. Volvo dealers are all independent (of Volvo UK), so will, at best, also suggest you redirect your complaint.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 02:55   #14
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destone View Post
We submitted a Covid-19 related complaint with Volvo UK. Below is the complaint submitted with personal information redacted.

===

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to file an official complaint with Volvo UK.

My husband, on my behalf, visited one of your official branches (Volvo Rybrook Warrington) for an XC90 Inscription servicing.

He arrived at ~8:40 am and departed at ~1:15 pm.

He spent over 4 hours in your customers’ waiting area while the car was being serviced.

He was dismayed at what he observed. The entrance door clearly indicates that masks are mandatory to be worn at all times, in addition to the 2 metres (6 ft) social distancing.

However, during the 4+ hours he spent there, numerous staff members and customers were *not wearing* any masks or face coverings, even during close interactions and conversations with one another.

In fact, one female customer without any masks was talking on her phone with the occasional cough and sneeze.

I have no words to describe how uneasy this made my husband feel. There is clear evidence in the scientific community that Covid-19 is an airborne disease.

I would like you to take this up with the branch manager at the Rybrook branch. Immediate steps must be taken so that what my husband had to experience does not repeat again.

Regards
there ARE people out there exempt from wearing a mask You need to be aware of that and to respect it. Muppets with YOUR attitude have caused countless people serious issues, yet you self serving self entitled Idiots keep on at it.

2meters is an Advisory, 1m is also an advisory *with increased measures

Some jobs require people to be closer than 2m or 1m

you would ALSO do well to look up for yourself the Correct information relating to "masks" the use of in a environment where they are used as "PPE", and not confuse a "face covering" from a "mask".

No one made your husband sit there for 4+ hours, if he was That concerned and worried the door (with the signs on) Can be used to put him into this thing called "outside".

yes i AM cheesed off with Exactly that type of person and there antics and actions, selfish self serving and Wrong on so many counts, YOUR personal paranoia's are NOT society's problems
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: