Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOLVO Recall 2020 (seat belts)

Views : 8525

Replies : 67

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 4th, 2020, 21:39   #41
krzemien

Just for completeness and posterity: Got my letter in the post today - glad that at least that bit works.

As I mentioned earlier above: Based on timelines as advised in this thread I will get it sorted upon my next annual service - due in Jan '21.
Old Sep 4th, 2020, 22:22   #42
Whyman
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
I suggested likewise in my post #20.
Obviously great minds think alike.
Old Sep 18th, 2020, 00:44   #43
Kev0607
Premier Member

Two recall letters arrived yesterday (For my car & my Dad's V70). I phoned my local dealership & spoke to a really helpful chap. He said the parts aren't in stock until November, so he was only taking bookings for December. I booked both cars in (December) & he confirmed it'll take around two hours to do the recall works & also said both vehicles will receive a full health check & a wash free of charge as part of the service.

I asked about a courtesy vehicle & was told that none are being provided at the moment due to COVID-19. However, he did advise me to phone towards the latter end of November & ask about a courtesy vehicle because the current situation may change between now & then. There's no collection or deliveries at the moment either.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 18th, 2020 at 00:56.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 12:25   #44
Topper

Default Seat recall

Following my earlier posts .... just to update everyone ... re-contacted by phone my local Volvo dealer again at beginning of month to establish recall situation, as they had requested in about Sept / Oct ... this time man on Reception said " ... still no action yet, can you call again in December ??? ... sorry sir, wait a minute, I'll put you through to Service Desk " .... they replied and promised a call back later that a.m. ... which they did within 45 mins.

" Recall sir ?? ... yes, when can you bring it in ??" ... made appointment for 3 days later ( on 9th Nov, 2020 ) ... arrived accordingly there at 1.45 p.m. .... keys handed over .. car ready at 2.20 p.m !!!!!

I asked if any paperwork to be supplied " No sir, all goes to Volvo .. they will contact you with confirmation."

I drove home !!! .. after all that previous confusion and hassle, it looks like somebody finally got their act together

So there you go !!

Topper
Topper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 14:33   #45
Sotosound
Premier Member

My V70 is booked in for 2nd December.

With respect to the previous recall work - bleeder hose and ECM software - the dealer obligingly printed a copy of their job sheet to give me a written record.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 15:59   #46
Bulleidboy

I had my 2010 XC70 done yesterday. Also had the "winter health check" - fluids all checked, and I had received an email (general circular from Volvo) saying get your software updated for free (normally costs £50) - so had that done as well. Car went in at 11.30am - was ready for collection at 1pm. I use an "indy" for servicing, but can highly recommend Snows - Winchester - very efficient and friendly team.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 18:18   #47
krzemien

I concur with that - moved my custom back there in the recent years despite living in West London for quite a few years now.

And most likely will visit them sometime in Jan for my next annual service.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:05   #48
Kev0607
Premier Member

Following on from my earlier post in this thread, both cars (my S80 & my Dad's V70) were dropped into the local dealership recently for what I/we thought was going to be a few hours to do the recall work. Its worth noting that this is how it was explained to me when I made the booking... drop your cars (two) off on 10th December, parts for the recall work were due to arrive in November (booked for December) & both cars will be at the dealership for around two hours with the work being completed on the day.

So we both arrive in the morning, park up & I walked into reception. I spoke to a lady who called a technician from the workshop who followed me out to our cars. He looked at both seatbelts & said "They're fine". So I questioned him as to what happens next, thinking he'd take keys from us etc. He then said that they're still waiting for parts to arrive (I was told they'd be there in November) & only the cars that don't pass the visual inspection are treated as priority & fixed immediately or ASAP, but those that pass the visual inspection aren't fixed on the day & are left to be fixed in due course!

So all in all, I was at the dealership for about ten minutes rushing like mad trying to make it on time through traffic for a "visual inspection". This wasn't explained when I made the original booking.

We have to wait for a letter to arrive from Volvo again, then rebook to get the recall done (that could take months).

Last edited by Kev0607; Dec 30th, 2020 at 01:11.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 21:09   #49
krzemien

Same here I'm afraid: no parts available @ Snows and as such recall (fix) has not been performed on my vehicle whilst having it serviced earlier today.

Bit of a nuisance really as I'm not really keen on visiting my local dealership to get it done, and am not really sure when I'm going to visit Worthys next time either...

Last edited by krzemien; Jan 5th, 2021 at 21:09. Reason: SPELLING
krzemien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 17:21   #50
simboc2004
SimboC2004

Rang local Volvo dealer yesterday to book my wife's C30 in for a service and asked (again) about the likely date for the safety belt replacement on my 2011 V70 (I had previously been told to phone again in January). They said the parts are definitely due in in early February and I should call again in early March to book it in. He didn't say which year it would be, though... lol

Past: '90 944 2.0 turbo, '91 944 2.0, '92 945 2.0 turbo, '95 945 2.3 HPT, '09 C30 2.0D R Design 180bhp+, '13 C30 D2 Lux.
simboc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote