Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MPG for a 65 plate - What do you guys get?

Views : 2088

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2020, 16:07   #21
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
Apologies, I really should have been more specific.

Mine is 65 plate D4 with automatic transmission. FWD only. Engine model i'm not sure, but I know it's the later model as the tax was only £30 for the year compared to the D4/D5 of earlier models.

I know it's winter and it's got winter fuel in (less than half a tank), however this V60 replaced an 07 plate VW Golf GT Sport FWD 200BHP which got 45-50 in winter running winter fuel and winter tyres (calculated fill-to-fill as well).

Given I've only had the car a month and it's travelled basically nothing due to the pandemic, I wonder if a few tanks of premium diesel and an Italian cleanup will improve things.

Power wise it's not sluggish, however I wonder if it's only ever been fed basic supermarket fuel so the the injection system could do with a good cleanup.
I drive "carefully" due to a sometimes annoying override sysem in the passenger seat. and don't rag it as I can't see the point. But in a mix of rural driving and short 2 mile hops to the supermarket my '17 XC60 D4 FWD returns about 46mpg. I'd have expected a V60 to deliver at least 10% better figures given it's lighter and not shaped like a bungalow.....
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 21:46   #22
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpain View Post
I drive "carefully" due to a sometimes annoying override sysem in the passenger seat. and don't rag it as I can't see the point. But in a mix of rural driving and short 2 mile hops to the supermarket my '17 XC60 D4 FWD returns about 46mpg. I'd have expected a V60 to deliver at least 10% better figures given it's lighter and not shaped like a bungalow.....
I'm hoping a tank of clean-up fuel and a nice long 200 mile round trip on the motorways will show some improvements.

I'll report back once done!

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 08:16   #23
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
I honestly can't tell if that was sarcastic or not . . .
We have a rule at work to use Italics if something is meant in a sarcastic manner
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 14:48   #24
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easington View Post
We have a rule at work to use Italics if something is meant in a sarcastic manner
I always wondered why my boss used Italics on my performance review

The Following User Says Thank You to Yelper85 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 11:49   #25
Yelper85

Hi all,

Quick update.

Reduced Engine Performance turned out to be a blocked MAP hose (£87) and sticking EGR valve (£440.50).

New EGR was covered under warranty; MAP hose wasn't but Volvo have paid for that due to the length of time I've had the car.

This explains the low MPG which has already jumped up significantly from the original and the car certainly pulls better (didn't even realise it was low until I got it back with the fixes!). Almost like a cheap Polestar upgrade

The Following User Says Thank You to Yelper85 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 25th, 2021, 17:40   #26
DaveXC

Good result Yelper.

My 64 plate XC60 is a 2WD manual with VEA engine, showing 44.6mpg on the computer, haven't reset it for 6,000 miles.

I've done about 2k of that with a roofbox on.
DaveXC is offline   Reply With Quote