Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yet more problems with Classicswede

Views : 12454

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 02:07   #41
jepho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940_Turbo View Post
^^^

There are all sorts of issues with washing the linen in public....
Yes, I got that it was still an unresolved problem.

Strike one potential person to carry out LPG conversions. I would normally not have a great deal of patience with people who claim to be able to do something, take the payment for doing it and then turn out to have been messing around at my own expense.

If there is anything to be gained in taking the matter to court, I would probably have chosen to do that once it became clear that resolution was not happening within a reasonable time frame, or at all. Taking out proceedings against a person, who in all likelihood has probably spent your money, is often pointless. The county court judgement gained may be an inconvenience to them but sadly, it will be little more than a nuisance.

I can sense the frustration because of the hard work which Rick had invested in creating his vision for his car... over a period of time. The car, and the work done on it by Rick, amounts to the irreplaceable loss here. It is a pity that more care was not put into the work done at conversion time. I have a young son who shows far more empathy for engineering feel than that which is on display in the unhappy images provided by you in your opening post.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 23:47   #42
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Can we have an update on this please or is it still an ongoing saga?
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 00:09   #43
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Since Peter 940 Turbo passed away I have not had and correspondence back from the owner.

My own T5 auto has exactly the same system fitted and by mistake I found out what the so called running issue was.

The problem was when you do the following.

Get in car (cold)
Start engine
Give it full throttle instantly.

Because the engine is still cold the high flow of LPG begins to freeze to vapouriser allowing liquid gas droplets to the injectors causing over fuelling resulting in a misfire. If you back off for a while and let the vapouriser recover then the problem goes away.

Solution
1) drive the car with a little bit of respect and let the engine warm up before booting it hard. Common sense and anyone into cars should know to do this for the sake of engine life.
2) If the driver is not capable of driving the car like a normal human then the change over temperature can be increased to allow the engine to warm up more before switching to LPG.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 22:01   #44
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Thread locked.

Nothing useful would have come from this thread being revived, other than more arguments and bans.

Last edited by JamesV70R; Jan 8th, 2014 at 22:03.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread