Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Smartphone integration worthwhile?

Views : 1820

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2021, 10:12   #11
Director76
Master Member

You do get RTTI on the in built sat nav (with suitable data connection) but I don’t think the dynamic rerouting is anywhere near as good as google maps though, it can be a bit haphazard with seemingly random reroute messages popping up.

On the new one, arriving soon, I suspect I will use google maps over the in built, even though I think the half screen thing will be annoying
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 20:15   #12
Davebbass

Had a 2016 Skoda Superb which had Apple CarPlay and I swore by it, bought a 2017 V90 in May 2019 which didn't have integration fitted and I thought I'd be alright without it... I ended up having it put on. Just chopped that in for a brand new V60 and I told the salesman not having it would be a deal breaker, and I'd not long ago paid to have it put on the V90, so they very kindly included it in the deal.

It's a very good system in the Volvo, even if it only uses half the screen it's still more than adequate. With being Apple, I'm at least lucky enough that there are wireless adaptors, so I've got a wireless adaptor and an induction charger and they work great. Apparently the Android system doesn't support wireless yet.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 21:35   #13
mfresh
Nice person

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkash View Post
Is yours wired and uses half of the screen or is it better on newer models?
I have got a wireless setup using a dongle I bought on Amazon.

Yes it uses half the screen. That's plenty.