Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wood Dash Kit

Views : 2018

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 14:38   #1
BobbyDazzler

Hi all

Just received delivery of a 'wood' dash kit (mentioned in an earlier posting of mine).

It looks absolutely great!

I was worried that it would look plasticy, fake or naff....but I challenege anyone to spot the difference between this and originally installed trim.

It's in a 'Cruiser Burl Wood' finish (very similar to 'bird's eye walnut') and the edges of all the pieces are smoothly radiused, exactly like genuine (and costly!!) wood trim. I can fully recommend it to anyone with the same colour dash.

Just need to wait for warmer weather now before fitting.

Btw. Andy600 where's those highly anticipated pics of yours m8?

Regards to all
Bob

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 16:29   #2
600andy

Oh Bugger! Sorry Bob - forgot all about the pics! Tell you what, I will post them on the Gallery within the next few days - promise!

Andy
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 16:41   #3
BobbyDazzler

Cheers Andy....look forward to 'em :)

Bob
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 18:05   #4
fwb44

Can we see some pics of your wood dash kit too?
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:24   #5
BobbyDazzler

Yup, no bother Francis....just have to wait for time/weather/nervous resolve.

Cheers
Bob
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 09:33   #6
600andy

OK guys, I have the pics - how do I upload them?

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 10:28   #7
BobbyDazzler

Hi Andy

looks like you just create a new post (in this thread) > click 'choose your attachments' > browse for the pics > click the radio button for 'Jpeg image' > make sure the 'embed the attachment url' is not ticked then upload.

I'm sure someone will correct if this is wrong.

regards
Bob
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 12:13   #8
twinturbo

My T5 has the original stuff and it's not just stick on stuff it's moulded with the facia.

One thing I have noticed is that my car only has the trim around the dash and radio console. I Have seen cars with trim on the transmission surround and glove box too.. Is that the after market kit?

TT
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 12:46   #9
BobbyDazzler

Don't think that'll be after market kit i bought TT.....imagine it'll be a nightmare to correctly match the grain/colour etc.

although saying that....I've a feeling i remember one source claiming to match any existing wood trim....i'll have a look around.

Bob
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 16:44   #10
600andy

Hi Bob,

Still cant upload the pics - my file sizes are apparently to large - being a technophile, I do not know how to re-size. If you send me your email address, I will mail them to you (5x Jpeg)?

Andy