Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone chose XC90 over Q7 and regret it now?

Views : 9653

Replies : 100

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2018, 19:28   #91
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
My Point Quacker was if we all took the moral high ground we would own pretty well nothing, and keep all our money under the bed.

Audi, and all the others bending their figures etc. a little to beat a test for me is not going to let me lose any sleep, or buy another Audi if that is what I like best.

Honestly I am more annoyed at APPLE, it is a hard choice for me as I am so tied into Apple to start going back to other makers.

That actually cost me near £1k getting a new phone, a week before the software cheat all came out, I knew there was nothing wrong with my old phone, and always suspected it to be software issues, but it got on my nerves so much I replaced it.

As I said everyone is at it.
But not everyone is at it to the same extent. Apple might be annoying you but they havent deliberately made their product look good by poisoning everyone around you.

Truth and honesty are sometimes slightly nebulous concepts and everyone has their own moral compass and make their own decisions on what is right and wrong daily. Ultimately however many people (me included) think that VAG didnt just cross a line but jumped over the line and buggered off into the distance in a cloud of PM10s......
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 21:04   #92
Daveh1000

I was going to buy a Q7, I had a Skoda at the time. After the Dieselgate issue I decided never to buy another VAG car again until I am convinced they have changed. Particularly after with the reported problems with the fix and subsequent denial (If there wasn’t a problem according to VAG, why force any fix on anyone) I took my money elsewhere.

After hearing about the Audi virtual cockpit maps stopping working on prior to my18 cars in Q7 I still have no regrets.
Daveh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 19:36   #93
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh1000 View Post

After hearing about the Audi virtual cockpit maps stopping working on prior to my18 cars in Q7 I still have no regrets.
Not heard of that problem. I have a sept 2017 Q5 and have had no problems with mine, nor have I read about any on forums.
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 21:25   #94
Daveh1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
Not heard of that problem. I have a sept 2017 Q5 and have had no problems with mine, nor have I read about any on forums.
Sorry to clarify it’s the google earth. This is one of the links but have seen others and in press as well
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...odels-or-older
Daveh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2018, 11:42   #95
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh1000 View Post
Sorry to clarify it’s the google earth. This is one of the links but have seen others and in press as well
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...odels-or-older
Thanks - disappointing but not the end of the world. Genrally the nav is very good at selecting routes and rerouting, which is not something I read too often on here and not something that could be said of my previous XC70...
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 09:53   #96
Haldex
Premier Member

Selecting routes works great.. Re-routing sucks though..
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 08:56   #97
Williemaykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Selecting routes works great.. Re-routing sucks though..
How does re-routing suck? Is it overzealous (like my 5 series) or slow to react?
Williemaykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 09:18   #98
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemaykit View Post
How does re-routing suck? Is it overzealous (like my 5 series) or slow to react?
Seems to work fine on mine but its not perfect. What is?
The one time I thought it a bit bonkers was when coming into the roundabout at the M4 end of Carmarthen, it must have noted a queue. A a bit late, because the sensible shortcut off the dual carriageway towards home, to the right at the top of the hill [Nantycaws] was missed. It then tried to divert me left down some tiny minor road, which would have taken me to the same roundabout where the queue was on the dual carriageway. Thing is, it's not compulsory to take its advice, and I did not.

Most of the time it has advised a diversion, it looked sensible enough and I accepted the option and it was fine.

It's a machine and at the end of the day I'm its driver and it goes where I want it to go. That may not be the case in the medium term future of cars.

I haven't yet tried adding a waypoint in the middle of a route to manually reroute via that waypoint yet. However I have on the Garmin system on the Honda and its fairly straightforward. The Sensus beats it in most ways but not sure about this one.

Last edited by Quacker; Nov 20th, 2018 at 09:22.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 09:45   #99
Wizzpop
Master Member

I'm never certain about the satnav rerouting. Last year we had a nightmare of a journey from Portsmouth to Edinburgh. (NCP had installed parking meters all the way up the M6 [] )
We pulled into a service area north of Manchester, the car next to us had also come from near us, having left at the same time. They had used all the satnav reroutes, whereas I had just stayed with the motorway. They had arrived at the service area at the same time, and had been sent miles around through towns with slow moving traffic.
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 12:19   #100
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemaykit View Post
I've posted of it earlier: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=284382
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote