Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 improved suspensions

Views : 1589

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 17th, 2018, 13:21   #1
bertrandls

Default XC60 improved suspensions

Hello Volvo owners,

My XC60 feels too heavy and I’m looking for a way to make it more rigid... changing the suspensions? Changing the sway bar, changing the springs?
Who has tried what except for changing the car?
Thanks.
bertrandls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 16:41   #2
PierreC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandls View Post
Hello Volvo owners,

My XC60 feels too heavy and I’m looking for a way to make it more rigid... changing the suspensions? Changing the sway bar, changing the springs?
Who has tried what except for changing the car?
Thanks.
You may want to check this out ....

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/8809...-xc70-xc60-v60

Current: 2016 V40 D4 AT & 2010 XC60 T6 AT
Previous: 2015 V40 D3 AT, 2007 S60 2.5T MT, 2004 S60 2.0T MT, 2002 XC70 2.4T AT Autotech Tune, 1996 850 GLT MT
PierreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 17:52   #3
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreC View Post
You may want to check this out ....

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/8809...-xc70-xc60-v60
yes thanks. I've seen it thanks to one of the forums. It looks serious. I'm Europe (France) so... but their selection seems good.
There is also Polestar but I'm waiting for an answer from Polestar to find out if they are in France. My Volvo dealer didn't even talk about Polestar when I asked if I could upgrade my suspension.
The answer was no. Only OEM... strange...
Thanks for your post.
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 12:26   #4
hichamaziz

Thanks for your post.
hichamaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 22:57   #5
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

I fitted this https://h-tune.co.uk/hardrace-rear-a...-volvo-s80-07/ and these https://h-tune.co.uk/hardrace-rear-r...-volvo-s80-07/ the body roll is less but it has improved the steering giving a lot sharper and more accurate response to the steering commands
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 23:37   #6
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantambuddy View Post
I fitted this https://h-tune.co.uk/hardrace-rear-a...-volvo-s80-07/ and these https://h-tune.co.uk/hardrace-rear-r...-volvo-s80-07/ the body roll is less but it has improved the steering giving a lot sharper and more accurate response to the steering commands
very interesting indeed! So are you satisfied with how your car is handling now or do you tjink about changing the suspensions as well?
Can I ask you how much you had to pay in a whole... Labour cost included.
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 09:03   #7
1monkey600

Unfortunately, the authorities in France, like here in Belgium, love their Certificat de Conformite regarding all things engine power, emissions, etc. This means that ECU upgrades, etc are 'interdit' and therefore volvo are not allowed to offer Polestar upgrades (although you could buy a full blown Polestar V60 with the full works : ECU, Brakes, wheels, Suspension, etc for 65k+ euro! )
My local service manager told me that I could travel to Germany or UK and get the Software fitted but if I was still under warranty or still regularly using the main dealer it would put him in a very difficult situation as he can see Polestar every time he plugs into VIDA and it shouldn't be there on a Belgian registered car.
Regards suspension - as long as it looks the same type they shouldn't be able to tell any different at the Control Technique.
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 14:17   #8
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monkey600 View Post
Unfortunately, the authorities in France, like here in Belgium, love their Certificat de Conformite regarding all things engine power, emissions, etc. This means that ECU upgrades, etc are 'interdit' and therefore volvo are not allowed to offer Polestar upgrades (although you could buy a full blown Polestar V60 with the full works : ECU, Brakes, wheels, Suspension, etc for 65k+ euro! )
My local service manager told me that I could travel to Germany or UK and get the Software fitted but if I was still under warranty or still regularly using the main dealer it would put him in a very difficult situation as he can see Polestar every time he plugs into VIDA and it shouldn't be there on a Belgian registered car.
Regards suspension - as long as it looks the same type they shouldn't be able to tell any different at the Control Technique.
Merci merci! That explains a lot! So game over for the ECU upgrade... I guess I'll just go for a swaybar and maybe changing the suspensions if needed... Thanks again!
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 15:53   #9
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandls View Post
very interesting indeed! So are you satisfied with how your car is handling now or do you tjink about changing the suspensions as well?
Can I ask you how much you had to pay in a whole... Labour cost included.
ARB was 171 sterling, Drop Links were 55 sterling per pair and labour cost to remove old ones and refit new was 50 sterling. The car is handing a lot better and feels a lot more planted on the road, cornering is a lot better now it has settled down. I do not want to change the suspension as I am running 20 inch wheels with 45 profile tyres which have firmed things up a bit also I want to keep the softer spring set up on my SE for a more comfortable ride.
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 16:02   #10
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantambuddy View Post
ARB was 171 sterling, Drop Links were 55 sterling per pair and labour cost to remove old ones and refit new was 50 sterling. The car is handing a lot better and feels a lot more planted on the road, cornering is a lot better now it has settled down. I do not want to change the suspension as I am running 20 inch wheels with 45 profile tyres which have firmed things up a bit also I want to keep the softer spring set up on my SE for a more comfortable ride.
ok it seems you have the best of both worlds now. Good for you.

AND for a very reasonnable price!!!

Last edited by bertrandls; Feb 20th, 2018 at 16:03. Reason: add a comment

Tags
handling, shock absorber, spring coils, suspensions