Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Check light illuminated

Views : 6680

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 18th, 2017, 08:13   #11
Oldlaw16

I recently (10 days ago) had my car in for a service and was told halfway through it that my aircon was reading 12 degrees. Slightly high. They wanted me to have the recon for the stately sum of £60. I politely declined and told them I would leave it for a little while. On mulling it over I thought it would be better to have it done. On checking the internet prices I noticed ats euromaster were doing it for £28.79. Nice price, considering what Volvo wanted.
Yesterday I went into my local kwikfit to see if they would price match this. The chap said that they don't price match but would do it for £35 . I agreed. He took the car in and came back 5 minutes later with a thermometer in his hand showing me a reading of 5.9. He said that it didn't require lowering as he probably wouldn't get it much lower. He also said that he thought someone was trying it on. Hats off to my local kwikfit who could have charged me and I would have been no wiser. I will definitely be using them again.
Oldlaw16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2017, 21:15   #12
exmpa

Engine Check Light on again, 4th time in 18 months. No other symptoms and the car running alright. I shall contact the dealership in the morning and see what they have to say, but this is getting silly.

Exmpa
exmpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 04:05   #13
volvo for ever
Premier Member

4th time they should do a cylinder leakage test ,the cylinder head will probably need to come off inspect valves and seats if to badly pitted new head required...
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 08:23   #14
exmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
4th time they should do a cylinder leakage test ,the cylinder head will probably need to come off inspect valves and seats if to badly pitted new head required...
I somehow doubt that they will go beyond reading the fault codes initially. O2 sensor and EGR flap has already been replaced so I shall see what transpires. The pertinent facts are that the car is only 18 months old, 12k miles and shows no other symptoms of the fault other than the "orange turtle ". I tend to agree that the cause is a build up of deposits in the exhaust system but as to why this is occurring I really haven't any idea.

I shall see what happens this time, but if (and when) it occurs again; probably October; I shall take it up with Volvo.

exmpa
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 04:05   #15
volvo for ever
Premier Member

Has this car had hose rework done ??
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo for ever For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 10:50   #16
exmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
Has this car had hose rework done ??
Not as far as I know. I haven't heard of this modification, could you provide details and a reference if possible?

Exmpa
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 18:36   #17
exmpa

Volvo for Ever,

I have refreshed myself on the mighty XC60 EGR thread and found reference to the hose modification. The top hose on my V40 D2 goes straight to the engine with no T-piece. However whether it has been replaced or not is impossible to tell. I shall ask the dealership for chapter verse on Wednesday.

Thanks for your help.

Exmpa
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 21:49   #18
volvo for ever
Premier Member

The hose rework should have been done ,
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 19:47   #19
soleil

My wife's 'turtle' light illuminated at the weekend and the car is booked in for Friday. Will wait and see what they say after she mentions this thread and the possible culprits/causes. She bought it just over a year ago through Volvo Selekt and has had no other problems to date.
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 07:13   #20
volvo for ever
Premier Member

eCM-P4d900 is usual culprit