Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leased Vehicle & Volvo On Call

Views : 7658

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:46   #71
al dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
Nice!
Thanks for the clarification.
Very useful for cars parked on private driveways.
Could be a problem if it was parked on a road or public place though.
Actually not so bad for public places as the car must be locked for remote start to work - and (I think) will lock the car automatically if it isn't already.....
al dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 10:21   #72
Lexman8
Premier Member

I'm fairly sure it's illegal to have the engine running in an unoccupied car on public roads. Admittedly it's locked and can't be driven so it might make an interesting test case in law.

Also, there's bound to be some muppet who sees it, assumes it can be driven and tries to break in.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 10:31   #73
AB-UK
Premier Member

You are correct - it is a breach of law.

Section 107 of The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 regarding unattended vehicles applies, on a public road (and the meaning public road has been extended to car parks to which the public have the right of or authorized access - such as supermarkets or pubs etc.).

So, it does not apply to private driveways - at the moment.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 11:53   #74
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Admittedly it's locked and can't be driven so it might make an interesting test case in law.
The wording of the legislation is such that it would be a pretty straight forward conviction.

Leaving motor vehicles unattended

107.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no person shall leave, or cause or permit to be left, on a road a motor vehicle which is not attended by a person licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and any parking brake with which the vehicle is required to be equipped is effectively set.

(2) The requirement specified in paragraph (1) as to the stopping of the engine shall not apply in respect of a vehicle—

(a) being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes; or

(b) in such a position and condition as not to be likely to endanger any person or property and engaged in an operation which requires its engine to be used to—

(i) drive machinery forming part of, or mounted on, the vehicle and used for purposes other than driving the vehicle; or

(ii) maintain the electrical power of the batteries of the vehicle at a level required for driving that machinery or apparatus.

(3) In this regulation “parking brake” means a brake fitted to a vehicle in accordance with requirement 16 or 18 in Schedule 3.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 12:47   #75
Lexman8
Premier Member

Actually I'm surprised that ERS is even allowed given the environmental impact. Several other countries don't allow it so perhaps its days are numbered.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 14:00   #76
Clan
Experienced Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
The wording of the legislation is such that it would be a pretty straight forward conviction.

Leaving motor vehicles unattended

107.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no person shall leave, or cause or permit to be left, on a road a motor vehicle which is not attended by a person licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and any parking brake with which the vehicle is required to be equipped is effectively set.

(2) The requirement specified in paragraph (1) as to the stopping of the engine shall not apply in respect of a vehicle—

(a) being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes; or

(b) in such a position and condition as not to be likely to endanger any person or property and engaged in an operation which requires its engine to be used to—

(i) drive machinery forming part of, or mounted on, the vehicle and used for purposes other than driving the vehicle; or

(ii) maintain the electrical power of the batteries of the vehicle at a level required for driving that machinery or apparatus.

(3) In this regulation “parking brake” means a brake fitted to a vehicle in accordance with requirement 16 or 18 in Schedule 3.
I daresay that will be interesting to those who just leave it in P without applying the Parking brake
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 11:00   #77
uro1

There is this need feature called "auto park break" in the car...
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 16:38   #78
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Been in contact with my supplying dealer and they will quite happily setup my Volvo ID with the VIN number and registration number ahead of my delivery next week. I should then get an email with the PIN enclosed.

No issue at all, and that's the supplying dealer on behalf of Tuskerdirect.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 17:08   #79
johnboyuk

For the love of god, posted earlier on this thread a few months back.

Took delivery of the XC90 but no Volvo On Call despite assurances beforehand. Nationwide have said we need to speak to Lex Autolease. I spent 60 mins on hold yesterday before giving up and I'm already up to 30 mins now.

Does anyone have a direct dial number please so I can actually speak to someone?

Absolutely furious.
johnboyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 17:12   #80
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyuk View Post
For the love of god, posted earlier on this thread a few months back.

Took delivery of the XC90 but no Volvo On Call despite assurances beforehand. Nationwide have said we need to speak to Lex Autolease. I spent 60 mins on hold yesterday before giving up and I'm already up to 30 mins now.

Does anyone have a direct dial number please so I can actually speak to someone?

Absolutely furious.
Hi,

I've just been on the phone to Lex to ask their stance on this. The ultimate outcome is that they have relaxed their views on the On Call/Connectivity side of things and as such its not a problem to Activate it.

Give me a shout on 01604 621363 and we'll set it up - I'm in until 5:30 today and back in at 8am tomorrow. You can email me your chassis number (or registration and I'll look up the Chassis), Volvo ID and Mobile Number to mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk and I'll get on the case.

Thanks

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Mar 5th, 2019 at 17:17.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: