Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V90 Rear Spring

Views : 3063

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 14th, 2015, 16:44   #11
PeakUnder
VOC Member

Simon Hurford at FRF Volvo Swansea, might be worth a try? Or MRG of Chippenham?

THE ONLY WAY TO GO FWD IS RWD
PeakUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 19:22   #12
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
Yup and unfortunately Bosch haven't made them or the superseded part for some years now, no stock left.

Springs I am fairly sure your average engineering spring works can make a spring, theres one near me in Glasgow http://www.industrialsprings.com/index.html
Thats fair enough, so it's cheap aftermarket stuff or nothing at all. I wonder if someone out there can repair them properly ?
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2015, 13:50   #13
brickman
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve940estate View Post
Thats fair enough, so it's cheap aftermarket stuff or nothing at all. I wonder if someone out there can repair them properly ?
Afraid not, got in touch with a few that the trades use, ATP electronics & BBA reman, only ATP could touch them, and even then I don't think they have any new springs or resistor tiles, only a flow machine so they can calibrate them, but if your spring is fatigued (they all are) or your resistor tile is worn (most of them are) then they can't do anything. £150+ vat + carriage for the pleasure of them doing not a lot too.

There will be a tiny shed like auto electronics place that has a stack of the tiles and a machine to flow and calibrate them, but its tracking them down, little one near me in Kirkintilloch a few years ago could do this service, but their machine fell over and broke so they chucked all teh spares as they obviously have no use for them seen as they don't have a machine! Balls.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 09:57   #14
derek vivian

Red face V90 spares

Hi, Have you tried Braydon Motor Company in London? Their number is 020 89850336. And also give David Lowe a call on 0118 9402961 who has a lot of spares he needs to clear. Good luck, Derek Vivian
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 16:45   #15
derek vivian

Default Volvo v90 rear spring

I trust you have seen my reply of this morning? I ask this in case you haven't gone to page 2. Derek Vivian
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 17:11   #16
Auchrims

Smile V90 Rear Spring Part # 9140471

Hi Guys

any updated on my search for the above rear spring? are there alternatives Air shocks?

Please help I have looked all over but thus far have failes
Auchrims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 18:24   #17
tc
VOC Member

Best bet really is to try one of the many Volvo breakers, are you trying to lower the car?.. The thicker none nivo leaf you'll find on saloon's (I had a few of those) and I hated them because they made the ass of the car sit up too high. You should be able to find a nivo leaf easily but finding a good used pair of nivo's will be difficult, most second hand ones are shot and they cost about £500 new. Can't remember what I did with the none nivo leaf I took off, I may still have it in the shed somewhere.
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 16:26   #18
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Going to coilovers is the easy option and will allow you to tweak the ride height and stiffness to fit how you want the car https://www.classicswede.co.uk/Adjus..._17222978.aspx
classicswede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 13:39   #19
Fancourt

I've been through this process and managed to get hold of new Nivomats for £250 each, which I thought would be worth it, but it hasn't cured the sagging rear end when it's been parked up for a while - they rise ok quickly and evenly but never seem to achieve a flat ride hide even so, so I am suspecting the leaf spring is weak. The spring mounts appear fine. When these cars were new I don't ever recall seeing a parked one sagging.

Skandix do indeed to an OEM leaf spring but only for suspension code 3 (V90 without ride height adjustment) which is odd because I thought all later cars (mine is 1998) had Nivomats.

Anyone know if fitting the thicker code 3 spring with Nivomats is a problem? Are the mounts different for the code 3 - i.e. thinner mounts for a thicker spring? I don't mind a higher ride height since its an estate and loading the car when it's been parked and the Nivomats deflated is a pain.

Thanks
Fancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 15:57   #20
Bullydog

Autodoc seem to list Mass air flow meters for Volvo V70 diesels but as I am unsure which yours is don't know if they do one for yours.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote