Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

300/66 Series General Forum for the Volvo 340, 360 and 66 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hi after advice

Views : 1021

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2014, 21:23   #1
Shell1978

Default Hi after advice

Hi everyone I have joined up in order to try and help an elderly friend of mine. He is a member of both the volvo and daf owners club, and he has decided to retire from driving and is looking to sell his volvo 66 gl, I have agreed to help as he does not have a computer or the internet. My biggest question are to do with valuation and possible sale sites as I expect I can't put on here as I will not have the post count needed.

Here are some pictures of the car

He has owned it since 1979 and is second owner any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shell1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2014, 11:15   #2
mchudd

Default 345

Hi mate.
As we say here in Belfast. "Shes a cracker"
Don't let it go too cheep.
Cheers Mark.
:thumb s_up:
mchudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2014, 13:00   #3
macplaxton

If I didn't have a fleet reduction plan to stick to....

I've see two V66s change hands this year. A very browny one and a very orangey one. This is a very beigey one!

Looks okay from the pics on PB, are there any extreme close-ups of the rear of the boot floor where it meets the rear panel and the sills? Reams of paperwork? Mileage? When (miles/date) the last belt change was?

If your friend is a member of the DOC, I suggest he contact Steve Bidwell to put a suggested figure on it if he hasn't already. It's quite hard to judge sometimes just from a few pictures.

Possible sale sites would be the DOC as a starter.
Old Oct 16th, 2014, 15:55   #4
Shell1978

He has almost all MOTs it has full service history. The front wings were replaced approx 20 years ago and the interior was re done around the same time. It had new belts 100 miles ago and is always garaged also the car was regularly wax oiled too.
The mileage is 38286 has probably done less than 500 miles in last 4 years.

Old Oct 16th, 2014, 18:15   #5
940Graeme
Premier Member

Hi There, looks very clean!

Values on these are almost impossible - mainly as they don't change hands often, they are rare cars now. Sadly rare doesn't always mean valuable or sort-after.

I know of three others currently for sale or recently sold. One in Denmark is absolutely factory fresh and stunning, and £12,000 (he'll be lucky), another recently sold (this year) for £500, running and MOT'd but body not great, (mechanically sound though). The third currently for sale, (to me if I want it - I'm thinking about it!) is mechanically good, body ok - probably not as good as your friends, but ok, and that was offered to me at £900, I've counter offered £750.

So what is this one worth? Based on your photo's and those recent prices around the £800 - £1200 mark? Interestingly it may have be worth more if in one of the more interesting 70's colours perhaps, it's all subjective!

Of course, the answer always is - it is worth "what someone will pay for it". It may be a case of sticking it on e-bay, and/or here and/or the DAF OC Forum and seeing what happens.

Very best of luck with it, and I hope it finds a good home.......

Regards

Last edited by 940Graeme; Oct 16th, 2014 at 18:36.
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2014, 10:39   #6
macplaxton

I'd say £800-1200 is a fair estimate if the sills are solid and the boot floor sound. It's got a ticket and is ready to roll which is always a good thing. The fresh belts are a good thing too, but really wants a hoover seeing the inside of it. Presentation and all that...
Old Oct 18th, 2014, 17:17   #7
Shell1978

Thanks for all the help and advice guys she will get a good valet before she's put up for sale but gives me an idea of what to start it at etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shell1978 For This Useful Post: