Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted, Coilovers etc to lower my 240 Wagon

Views : 2039

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2016, 18:07   #21
revolvor
Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Nope never had anything that fancy. Just a handful of grease to protect them and keep the threads free. After any adjustment I just top up the grease covering where needed.
I grease underneath the covers too, covers are waterproof and stop grit so grease is clean.

Thanks again ;-)
revolvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2016, 20:29   #22
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post

How do your suspension kits that go lower than 40mm cope with the steering angle being thrown out Dai? Been meaning to ask you about it for a while out of curiosity. I need to do something about mine because of the coilovers but I was always under the assumption that any more than 40mm lowering and the optimum angle is greatly affected.

There is no problem with steering angle when lowering any of the older Volvo's.
With 240's there is an issue with the angle of the lower arm causing it to pull posative instead of negative camber when compressed. As when you have gone that low spring rates are higher and the suspension does not compress massivly it is not a huge issue. When you want low and teh most out of the suspension in terms of grip under cornering then Ben Kaplan has made some great spacers that also incorporate higher ratio steering points to solve this issue. I'm not one to copy the ideas of other and buy in these kits from him and keep them in stock for customers who want them.

Colovers on a Daily driven car, yes t can be done and as I already said when going mega low coilovers are teh best bet. I would say around 90% of the coilovers I have sold are on daily drivers.

My complaint is that the internet hypes up coilovers as a must have when in fact they are a comprimise and often better results can be had by a simple change of springs and dampers
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote