Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 T8 "Remove charge cable" problem

Views : 1948

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2017, 09:24   #1
allycat

Default XC90 T8 "Remove charge cable" problem

I wonder if anyone has experienced this yet ? I have an XC90 T8 about 9 months old and have once or twice experienced a problem when the car thought that the charge cable was still connected (it says "Remove charge cable" in the display) when I tried to start the car, but it wasn't connected. The car then tells you to turn and hold the start knob for 7 seconds to start the car, and that has worked and off I go and the problem has not reappeared for months at a time.

Today however, the problem has appeared each time I have tried to start the car (several times) and it has been overcome by turning the knob for 7s each time and the car has started and been able to move. The problem now is that it will not charge when I DO attach the charger cable. It does not recognise the cable being attached, and it does not lock it in place and start charging. It is as if the car is convinced that a cable is already attached (as indicated by the starting issue) and so when I do attach the cable it is not registering that and not locking it and not starting to charge.

Anyone experienced this or got any ideas? Is it worth using the Volvo On Call system for advice or call/visit the dealer instead ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by allycat; Sep 1st, 2017 at 09:49. Reason: Add T8 to title
allycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2017, 09:39   #2
allycat

Default Magically Resolved

OK, so I go down to check the status after posting the message and the problem seems to have magically resolved itself and the car is now charging with the green light flashing ! I had left the charge cable attached and powered up. After disconnecting it I could start the car without the error message and when I reconnected it, it locked the cable and started charging again immediately.

Maybe it was something to do with it being quite damp this morning, bright & sunny but lots of dew overnight. It didn't happen through the winter though ...

Anyway all resolved now. Hopefully this may help someone else ! Patience ...
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 12:29   #3
allycat

Unhappy Problem repeats

So it has done the same again this morning, only it has not resolved itself as it did yesterday.

I guess I will have to call the dealer or Volvo On Call.
Old Sep 15th, 2017, 11:24   #4
allycat

Default Software fix

So the XC90 T8 went into the dealer last Thursday to be checked and they kept it until Tuesday morning and it has been fixed. They say it was just a software issue, fixed by updating the software on the car and it all seems ok so far. I think they had trouble installing the new software though, which is why they had it for three full business days.

Tags
cable, charge, problem, xc90 t8