Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

is this etm fault

Views : 8284

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2011, 19:46   #41
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

Yeah...think you've just been unlucky..generally BBA seem to provide a good and efficient service from what I read here.
Hope you get it back soon and all is well.!

Neil

Previous Volvos...264 auto...loved it.
340 manual...not so loved.
760 auto...loved it.
RUTV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 14:47   #42
KATANA MAN

Sent my V70 2.4 non turbo Throttle body/ETM off to BBA-reman for a refurb after the dreaded LIMP mode was triggered.

Checked with a code reader and code P-1026 came up and that said throttle body fault internal, Cleaned butterfly etc and re-set codes but went back to limp mode vertually straight away, so removed throttle body and sent off to BBA-reman for a test and refurb if required! which it did!
Had to phone them to see if it required repairing because they never got round to phoning me back.......after telling me it would be back with me Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Phoned them Tuesday for an update and they now tell me that they dont have the parts in stock to repair my ETM as they are on back order from China..........And they dont know when they will be here! But they hope to have the repaired ETM back to me next week some time!
KATANA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 23:19   #43
Andypa

NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting, they're still telling me this week, this was today (Tues)

When I phoned last Thursday, they told me parts would be a couple of days (thus today),then I e-mailed their director Keith Costa who told me middle of next week (i.e tommorow), then I got a follow up e-mail from someone callled Mia who said sometime this week!

Keith did offer to post back free of charge, but as he had said parts were due in I decided to leave it with them

Person I spoke to when i rang today checked with purchase and came back that they were on order. Yes very helpful, I knew that, what I wanted to know was when they were due. He agreed to go back to purchase and get them to contact their supplier. It will be interesting to see what they come back with when I ring them AGAIN tommorow?

Looks like we're being fobbed off cos' they don't know

The only communication on their part has been to reply to an e-mail. I don't think they would have contacted me otherwise. And why did they agree to turn the part round in 2 days if there was a supply issue. They could have been honest and I could have still used the car (in a fashion) until the parts came in

I've now been car less for 11 days, not very impressive when what I agreed to pay for was a 2 day turn around

The feedback on here suggests when all is working, they do a good job on the re-furb, but the communication and service is terrible

For anyone else considering this option, there are a couple of other companies providing this service although I couldn't find any feedback on them. With hindsight I now wish I had used one of them. If you still feel you should use BBA I suggest that you arrange your own courier, cos at least you can chase them if there's a problem as BBA don't seem interested in doing this (see separate post) and you make absolutley certain they confirm that they have the necessary parts in stock first

Last edited by Andypa; May 24th, 2011 at 23:24.
Andypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:43   #44
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

Well, that's a couple of disappointing examples...BBA have generally had a good press...but it seems they are not exactly covering themselves in glory right now.
Hope it all works out ok for both of you.
Thanks for the update and let us know how it all pans out.

Neil

760 auto...loved it.
Old May 25th, 2011, 23:53   #45
Andypa

Latest news after ringing them again today is..........

Yes, as with 'Katana man' they are now admitting that they are waiting for the parts from China, but they are still telling me it will be this week rather than next week as they told him. I don't know how they know this as they have no idea where the shipment currently is, still on a boat? on the dockside? in customs? at a courier?

Customer service woman said that Keith Costa would ring me back..........I'm still waiting

12 days carless now

Running out of favours cadging lifts, extra childcare costs mounting, bank hols cancelled. Would have been cheaper to go to the main dealer!
Old May 31st, 2011, 22:08   #46
KATANA MAN

Yep it's Tuesday and BBA-reman still dont have the spares to repair my ETM ........they're still on the way from China!

Thats 2 weeks now without my Car after being promised that I would have the repaired ETM back in time for my trip down to peterborough last weekend!

I had to borrow the fathers VW camper van which drinks even more fuel than the V70 and is slower than a throttle body refurb at BBA remans............and we all know that's slow!

To say I am a bit peaved off is an understatement.....................and still no ETA for the bits!

And to put the lid on a very big tin the O/S back tyre is almost flat on my car because its been sat there outside my house for so long!

Thanks BBA-reman!
KATANA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 22:47   #47
Ianfromnotts

No idea if these guys are any better - but they are local to me

http://www.ecutesting.com/volvo_thro...agneti_ma.html

then again I could be way off the mark especially having just bought a non Bosch MAF sensor from ebay Bulgaria !! let you know how I get on
Ianfromnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 13:05   #48
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianfromnotts View Post
No idea if these guys are any better - but they are local to me

http://www.ecutesting.com/volvo_thro...agneti_ma.html

then again I could be way off the mark especially having just bought a non Bosch MAF sensor from ebay Bulgaria !! let you know how I get on

..I think we know how you'll be "getting on"....soon to be buying another MAF sensor I reckon.!!..LOL..certainly be interested to know how long it lasts.!!

Neil

760 auto...loved it.
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 13:44   #49
Andypa

KATANA MAN

Looks like they're not being straight with you (surprise surprise), they rang me just before 5pm yesterday to say the sensors had arrived

They rang again around 09:15 today for payment as they have done the repair (obviously a very quick job)!

So you need to get on to them as they have the parts!!!
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 20:33   #50
littonlad

Thread seems to have died... any news folks?

In the meantime I haven't had any further ETM related problems so it looks like I was fortunate to get it sorted by BBA just in time.

However.....

driving home today the battery charge light came on and stays on. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

ie how to test to confirm, where to source a replacement part etc. etc.
littonlad is offline   Reply With Quote