Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Roof maintenance/service

Views : 1909

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 10:10   #11
Phillg1986

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253567568354

I use this! Is equivalent of the main dealer stuff. Completely silences any noises from roof and keeps joints nice and supple
Phillg1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phillg1986 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 16:35   #12
TimboC70

Hoping its okay with you all if I tag onto this thread with a related question.

I've had my c70 (2008) for 6 years and the two times I put the roof into a halfway open position it got stuck. The first time, I used the reset procedure and the roof started working for me. But the second time, something got terribly misaligned with the sensors and no matter what I did, it would not move, so I had to release the hydraulics with the ripcord and bring it to the dealer, who then charged me to re-calibrate it.

Now, I have a few of the roof liner clips failing and need to work on them. I do not have that VIDA thing, and I'm deftly afraid of getting the roof malfunction alarm again and having to pay again. Seems as if many of you have no problems stopping the roof at a halfway or 3/4 open point to do maintenance. But, I seem to be doing something wrong. Anyway - before I do this, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me if it's best to maybe prop up the trunk?, make sure it is on level ground? turn off the ignition?, disconnect batter? ...or any little thing to prevent that roof malfunction message.

Thanks!
TimboC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 16:55   #13
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboC70 View Post
Hoping its okay with you all if I tag onto this thread with a related question.

I've had my c70 (2008) for 6 years and the two times I put the roof into a halfway open position it got stuck. The first time, I used the reset procedure and the roof started working for me. But the second time, something got terribly misaligned with the sensors and no matter what I did, it would not move, so I had to release the hydraulics with the ripcord and bring it to the dealer, who then charged me to re-calibrate it.

Now, I have a few of the roof liner clips failing and need to work on them. I do not have that VIDA thing, and I'm deftly afraid of getting the roof malfunction alarm again and having to pay again. Seems as if many of you have no problems stopping the roof at a halfway or 3/4 open point to do maintenance. But, I seem to be doing something wrong. Anyway - before I do this, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me if it's best to maybe prop up the trunk?, make sure it is on level ground? turn off the ignition?, disconnect batter? ...or any little thing to prevent that roof malfunction message.

Thanks!
when stopping the roof mid cycle you need to carry on in the same direction . press for open. stop do your maintainance then carry on till roof is fully open only then when its completed the full movement you can press roof to close . hope this makes sense.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 18:01   #14
TimboC70

Thanks Simmy - it does make sense. Only concern I have it that when that roof malfunction came in, the roof would not go - even in the same direction I started. One thing that I do remember happening is that the trunk (boot lid upper section) fell a bit to rest on the window, and I may have moved it back to the straight-up position. It was a while ago so I don't remember.

Tell me one thing - in your past successful maintenance - when you got the roof to the maintenance position you desired, did you turn off the ignition completely - while you did the maintenance, or leave the key on?
TimboC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 19:30   #15
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Thanks Simmy - it does make sense. Only concern I have it that when that roof malfunction came in, the roof would not go - even in the same direction I started. One thing that I do remember happening is that the trunk (boot lid upper section) fell a bit to rest on the window, and I may have moved it back to the straight-up position. It was a while ago so I don't remember.

Tell me one thing - in your past successful maintenance - when you got the roof to the maintenance position you desired, did you turn off the ignition completely - while you did the maintenance, or leave the key on?
i have key less car i usualy leave the car running when roof is in the service position so electronic modules dont shut down. there are a lot of sensors and limit switches in the roof mechanism there was a pdf file on the roof mec posted on the forum recently
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 19:54   #16
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:

google c70 roof calibration pdf