Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

problems with new s40

Views : 3161

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2005, 19:09   #11
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Default RE: problems with new s40

Looks like you have all your bases covered so they should back down. If they don't ask for a print out of all the work they've done to the vehicle thus far, which you can use to support your case if you wish to initiate proceedings. If they refuse, any dealer will be able to provide you with the same. In the meanwhile, do make sure you have a pretty good idea of what replacement vehicle you would like (assuming its not a refund). When I went through this process, I was asked to make a then-and-there decision on exactly what I wanted because if it is going to be a factory build, they will be allocating a car which is very near production, which you will not be able to change the specs on once you've decided.
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 19:31   #12
manjit

cheers, i hope it works, i want exactly the same car, options were : pearlescent paint, rear park sensors, winter pack and 17" alloys from the V50, i have already told them that i am willing to be flexible on exterior and interior colours, if they can not match it then i want the cash back (hopefully) i dont mind being put on the spot as i have studied the brochure pretty much inside out and know exactly what i want
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 19:39   #13
manjit

don, i went on the vvspy.com forum and it appears to be quite a common problem and one which doesnt seem to have been resolved yet, thanks for the tip, if i have to sue then i will use this to show that the car suffers from a defect which can not be repaired, thus re-inforcing my case that the car is not of satisfactory quality

on a different note, i am now concerned that any replacement car i have will also suffer from the same defect, not too sure if i actually want to have a replacement now....

anyway, will have to see what the sales manager says on tuesday - best case scenario = money back, worst case scenario = refusal to accept rejection of vehicle

i will definitely keep you posted, any further comments greatly appreciated, thanks for the help so far guys :o)
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 21:36   #14
manjit

update

the dealer didnt accept that i could reject the car as he said it was still "satisfactory quality" - i still disagree, however as a gesture of goodwill he said he will source me another similar vehicle

i havent agreed to anything yet, i just asked him to let me have the list of potential cars and i said i would take it from there !

hopefully there will be a decent match in the list - the only problem is that it appears that the GAP and tyre insurance aren't transerable !
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 00:42   #15
v6en
Master Member

how are you getting on? chosen a new car yet?

jacq
v6en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 20:10   #16
manjit

thanks for asking jacq,

they faxed over a list of vehicles, none of which were a 2.0d se, let alone with any options that i had, so i sent him a fax saying i want my money back, i gave him 7 days after which time i will sue him, i aint gonna let him get away with trying to give me a 2.0d s version, after all i paid for an se !!!

i also had my solicitor write to him today asking upon whom court proceedings should be served, i have legal expenses insurance so i'm not too fussed about the costs that will be incurred, in for a penny in for a pound !! basically, i dont care now how much it costs me i'm gona stick to my guns

i hate to say this, but if i get my money back i dont think i will get another volvo, this has been a really sour experience for me and has caused me no end of stress, its the mrs' car and she is rightly a little p'd off at being without wheels and therefore reliant on me for a lift everywhere, as you can imagine, its caused more than a little stress in the relationship :(

the car itself, fit, finish and build quality was great, as good as my bmw, but this engine trouble and the attitude of the dealer has really put me off the cars

oh well, thats my little rant over, lets wait and see !

i will keep you all posted - thanks for the help guys !
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 23:58   #17
v6en
Master Member

Thant's a real shame, if the attitude of the dealer had been better he might at least have saved your custom, but all to often they have attitude problems which put people off.

i hope you get your money back without to much ado.

jacq.
v6en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 21:36   #18
manjit

update

i have now instructed my solicitors to commence court action as the replacement vehicles offered were s40 d s and not se's !!

anyway, i am now having to sue them to get my money back, or a new car to exactly the same spec, i dont care what it costs now, i will make a stand out of principle !

(and before u say it, yes i am willing to put my money where my mouth is)

i have legal expenses insurance who havent yet confirmed that they will cover the costs of the case (no doubt they will find some sort of loophole !) :(

i cant believe that my complaint couldnt be handled in a better manner, no matter what now i will never go back to that dealer - as far as i am concerned they are only concerned getting the car outa the showroom, with no real consideration for the individual

what a situation to be in, wouldnt wish it on anyone !

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 12:09   #19
alfonzobonzo

that sucks!

i hope you succeed.