Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 s40 A/C PROBLEM

Views : 1529

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2005, 08:47   #1
gcy

Hello to all, this is my first post and its about a problem i'm having with my recently purchased S40 1.6. The car was bought new.
At only 3000km i've noticed a "bearing" like noise whenever the air condition's compressor was on.
Took it to the dealer and after two compressor replacements i still have the same problem, also the last couple of weeks with every compressor start-up a smell like glue is noticable inside the car.
The car has 5000km on it now!

COULD ANYONE PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH SOME ANSWERS REGARDING THE ABOVE????

THANKS
GCY.
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 11:56   #2
Marmoset

Default RE: 2005 s40 A/C PROBLEM

I've not heard of that before. Try www.volvospy.com or www.swedespeed.com and see if anyone on there has had it, there's quite a lot of S40/V50 owners on those forums as well.

Rich
Marmoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 18:42   #3
4 forty
VOC Member

Default RE: 2005 s40 A/C PROBLEM

is it the crompressor at fault??? it could be the alternator or power steering pump bearing that just shows up when extra load is put on the drive belt when the air conditioning is switched on.

paul
4 forty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 08:19   #4
gcy

Took it again this morning back to the dealer for the same a/c problem, the service manager said to me that according to a technical bulletin the noise is due to the accumulator and they will replace that.
is that possible?

gcy