Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The deed is done 2005 V70 D5 163

Views : 521

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2018, 17:28   #1
Swedefarm

Talking The deed is done 2005 V70 D5 163

Evening all,

Well I have done, after being on this forum for a while I have finally got a 2005 V70 D5.

139000 Miles on it, full history and fairly acceptable MOT history also.

At a bargain price of £1650.

There is a snag list and at the top of that is naturally the timing belt & water pump. There is a receipt from 2014 (99000) that a belt had been done so its more or less due.

Being an auto I was wary of it being a problem box but in fairness it shifts really well with no surging or slamming its self into 1st, changes up smoothly even when giving the beans. But there is no harm in a few sump dumps to extend its life and reliability.

So the snag list..

*Timing belt & Water pump
*Full Major Service, Oil done at 138500 but its always peace of mind
*Restore the headlights
*Sort out the HU-850 Radio back lights (Display working)
*Rear shocks, rather bouncy but not major
*The little LEDs in the tail lights are not working, not sure how to fix???
*Alloy replace / Refurbish
*Full Valet / Detail / Machine polish etc.

The car has been purchased as a work horse, I am a valeter / detailer and the prospect of a van seemed a little to "normal" so it was a toss between the saab 9-5 1.9 TID or the V70, having driven both there is no compare, VOLVO WINS.

I also supply valeting products so I will be at various car shows in the new year and using the Volvo as my chariot, the main show being Swedish Day...

Shall look forward to seeing you all there...... Business is under - Glamorgan Detailing.

I am based in Cardiff and as Volvo / Saab Forum members / club members you will get discounts on products...

Cheers all
Swedefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2018, 18:49   #2
simonwedge

Hi, welcome to the forum. The backlights on the stereo is a common issue, there is a thread here ( https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123749 ) on the subject in which Central Services in Ipswich say they can sort these.
Old Nov 28th, 2018, 18:52   #3
Swedefarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonwedge View Post
Hi, welcome to the forum. The backlights on the stereo is a common issue, there is a thread here ( https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123749 ) on the subject in which Central Services in Ipswich say they can sort these.
Excellent thank you, shall give them a call tomorrow to see what they can offer.
Swedefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2018, 23:17   #4
AndyV7o
Premier Member

If water pump hasn't been changed, general wisdom is to leave it alone at least this side of 200k as replacements are not as well made.
Oil as your handbook states A3/B4 0w30-5w40, using a5/b5 in an engine not designed for it is inadvisable, youll find a lot of people/sellers think a5/b5 supercedes a3/b4 which is incorrect.
Otherwise, crack-on fella, enjoy, great buy!
AndyV7o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 08:27   #5
Theeggman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonwedge View Post
They've moved to Essex now but a search brings up the correct details. Enjoy your Volvo.

2005 XC70 Auto. Now Sold.
Theeggman is offline   Reply With Quote