Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Door card removal

Views : 488

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2011, 09:36   #1
bobbobson

Default Door card removal

Hi

What tool do I need to remove the door cards from new model S80? There appears to be no easy way to get them off/no visible screws.

Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks v. much
bobbobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 09:54   #2
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

Don't know for definite but there will most likely be screws behind the speaker grill, under the door handle etc then it will be poppers on sides and bottom, then lift and off. That was my 850 door years back
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 10:01   #3
bobbobson

I've tried sliding a blunt knife between the painted surfact and the card itself, and there does appear to be something holding it on around the edges. Is there any nack to removing the poppers without breaking them? I would imagine these are very easy to break.

Thanks
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 10:05   #4
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

what I remember is 6 out of 8 will be fine, 1 will break, 1 will be already broken. They cost pence, so you could pre-empt and get a couple from volvo or suck it and see.
oh and if you have a triangle of plastic on top of the door card were a speaker might sit that will have to come off too so the card can slide up past it.
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 10:42   #5
bobbobson

Yep, I think I'll take your advice and get some spares. Also some interior trim clips for the boot lining - some appear broken already.

Just to be clear, in order to 'pop' these out, does the trim need to be prised away from the door?
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 10:50   #6
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

yes on mine they did, straight back, they are were a white triangle that collapses into there receptacle. They do though often need to be tugged rather than prized off.
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 23:19   #7
Gazdok
Master Member

The centre of the rivets needs to be pushed in and the rivet can then easily be pulled out. There will be a screw for the handle and then you lift the card up and off.
Then remove the connectors forthe speakers and controls.

The rivets can be used again. The middle bit is caught inside the back part which can be removed.
Gazdok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazdok For This Useful Post: