Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'93K 440 (Offers invited - 2 Owner / 37K - Bereavement Sale)

Views : 5356

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:25   #31
gudgeonpin
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
May I respectfully advise all interested parties that this car is no longer available.

Notwithstanding receiving over 1000 views, the car elicited little interest, receiving only one offer - subsequently withdrawn - from this source.

As has been said before, these cars appear to have little or no value: sad really, but that's life!

The only positive that I can take from this outcome is that there is now one less car in competition with the 5 or 6 others currently advertised for sale in these columns. I wish their owners good luck in selling their vehicles - from personal experience they will certainly need it.

Thanks to all those people, who, in the true spirit of the VOC, offered helpful and constructive advice.

Regards to all. John.

The markets awash with old bangers that just don't have a market , if you want to move one on then the only way is price accordingly and that means low ..problem is a lot of folk fail to grasp that fact and still ask daft money often thinking that just because a car is two decades old its suddenly a "classic" some old cars such as polos golfs etc will sell all day as there seen as desirable however the likes of these volvos are certainly not , sadly you can not even give them away

Last edited by gudgeonpin; Mar 11th, 2014 at 10:53.
gudgeonpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 22:32   #32
AcidicDavey
Younger Member

Looks like this car will live on...
AcidicDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:52   #33
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Default I'm confused ...

Thank you, 'AcidicDavey', for drawing my attention to this advertisement.

I truly have no idea what is going on here and am somewhat embarrassed to say the least! The last time that I spoke to the late owner's daughter, she informed me that she had sold the car for the Breaker's offer - ie £140.

I assume that someone is attempting to make 'a quick buck' as the expression goes, which is disappointing given the circumstances of it's disposal. What really does surprise me is that, at the time of viewing, it is listed at £510.

Given the collective wisdom as to it's probable value as expessed at some length in this forum, that really does seem an awful lot of money. What do others think?

With thanks and regards, John.
john.wigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 11:57   #34
AcidicDavey
Younger Member

Well John, whomever the car was sold to obviously had enough sense to realise the car was too good to be crushed.

It is just a case of the car being shown to a wider audience (ie eBay) where the value of something can be truly appreciated. Yes, on a whole 440s/460s have next to no value but an opportunity like this is obviously alluring to the eBay puntu, I highly expect the car to achieve near £800 but as far as we know the auction may be bidded up and will get relisted?

Regardless, a good example of a dying breed is saved from the crusher, that has to be a good thing right?
AcidicDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2014, 14:04   #35
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Default Re-listed on Ebay

As those members who use Ebay will almost certainly be aware this car is once again listed thereon. I don't understand why as it was previously declared sold and now appears to have been re-listed by the same vendor, but at a much lower price (£450). Perhaps the original sale fell through but, if so, he doesn't mention it in the advertisement.
john.wigley is offline   Reply With Quote