Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Headlight washer cover needed

Views : 2938

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2016, 05:13   #21
GMcL
0's and 1's

A quick pull on the wiper lever releases enough water to wash the screen without washing the headlights. A longer pull is required for the headlights. No need to pull fuses.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 08:30   #22
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
I find it rather difficult to believe that it is a dealer task to replace a fuse as that is the implication of the statement - is the suggestion really that you need the dealer to undertake a lot of work to replace the fuse on the lower board? Dont you simply unplug the top board, remove the fuse and replace the top board - why would they design headlights that can be removed in seconds to replace bulbs and make a more prabable task such as replacing the fuse a dealer actictivy?
Maybe someone could post some photographs of the fuse box layout for the V60.
From memory, a fair bit of work is involved, getting to the lower fuse box.

tem.
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 09:16   #23
tem
Premier Member

An earlier thread:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...mp+washer+fuse

tem.
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 09:49   #24
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

on Page 400 of the manual here http://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/3...GB_tp18918.pdf

it shows that the headlamp washer fuse is #15 and it states;

'Fuses 8-15 and 34 are of the "JCASE" type and should be replaced by a workshop'

unlike

Fuses 1-7 and 42-44 are of the "Midi Fuse" type and must only be replaced by a workshop.

it also shows an exploded picture of the fuse box (my emboldening of words)

I have never taken any car to a workshop to get a fuse changed, but perhaps my previous lives have provided the experience, ability and brute ignorance to do it myself
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 10:43   #25
tem
Premier Member

You have put a link to the latest Owners Manual.
Back in 2011 you could not connect a V60 to the internet.
The fuse for the Headlamp Washers was No 8 then.
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 10:52   #26
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
You have put a link to the latest Owners Manual.
Back in 2011 you could not connect a V60 to the internet.
The fuse for the Headlamp Washers was No 8 then.
Fuse number changes but the type of fuse doesn't and the advice doesn't change either - page 335

http://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/e...EN_tp14206.pdf

and the fuse box hasn't changed either
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 18:52   #27
tem
Premier Member

Any update on the fitting of the new cover?

tem.
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 19:19   #28
Coggy79
I've Been Banned

Cover is fitted. First attempt it popped off when washer retracted. Second attempt I put a dab of glue on the securing notch and all is well for now. I suspect the weak link is the actual clip on the end of the washer that the cap fits onto as this looked a bit flimsy and lost a bit rigidity. If it happens again I will buy the clip on the end of the washer too.
Coggy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 19:34   #29
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coggy79 View Post
Cover is fitted. First attempt it popped off when washer retracted. Second attempt I put a dab of glue on the securing notch and all is well for now. I suspect the weak link is the actual clip on the end of the washer that the cap fits onto as this looked a bit flimsy and lost a bit rigidity. If it happens again I will buy the clip on the end of the washer too.
I got the dealer to secure it with a small plastic zipper, would this also work for you?

tem.
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 21:26   #30
Coggy79
I've Been Banned

No I've looked at that option and it wouldn't benefit . I think next time I will secure the end piece of the washer jet to the cap then refit to the stalk . Then it will never fall off as the connection between the stalk and connection to cap is very strong. I'll be honest I've never had as many problems with a car as this in all my life and over 30 cars. Once this car is sorted it'll be v good still waiting for drives haft to cure kmocking under warranty but I don't think that's what it is it sounds like more of a steering colimn nose doing my head in .have you seen my vid under knock knock
Coggy79 is offline   Reply With Quote