Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Hybrid - Preconditioning

Views : 2958

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2018, 22:16   #11
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fudge View Post
According to Volvo Customer Service it should work with the App untethered, but I've just gone back (again) asking them to clarify. Thanks for all the info so far.
I think they will just point out the app does work untethered which is true, the app does, but it doesn't mean the car has the software installed to allow it 😐
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 19:13   #12
Wizzlon

Default Precomditioner woes

My V60 hybrid was delivered (late) in September 2017. I was told the pre-conditioner app would not work with an Iphone. I had no explanation as to why it would not work from the instrument panel. September 2018- the Iphone App was available and installed. Into the dealers last month- they tell me everything is working and its not meant to heat the cabin or run the electric seats, only warm the coolant to 65'c. Funny- the user manual says different and the instrument display show an option to heat the seats . Now its nice and chilly, I ran a test with a digital remote thermometer just this morning- the temperature did not rise at all. I was also told there are only 5 of these cars in the country- really?

Anyone else getting the brush off? I'm going to take my reenshots of the lack of results to teh dealer next week. If anyone from Volvo monitoring this site, I would welcome your input.

Andrew.
Wizzlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 20:44   #13
Cherub77

I recently had this software installed.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/accesso...ModelYear=2016

I spotted it was listed as £10 online, this allows you to activate it through the VoC app when it’s not plugged in. To activate from the key is another £10. The dealer questioned the price but Volvo UK honoured the price as it’s a mistake on the website. They still haven’t updated it so get your order in!
Cherub77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 00:15   #14
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub77 View Post
I recently had this software installed.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/accesso...ModelYear=2016

I spotted it was listed as £10 online, this allows you to activate it through the VoC app when it’s not plugged in. To activate from the key is another £10. The dealer questioned the price but Volvo UK honoured the price as it’s a mistake on the website. They still haven’t updated it so get your order in!

Wow! I paid around £300!

Tempted to get the key option now... Been a few times the app fails to login on cold mornings
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 14:21   #15
Wizzlon

Default Preconditioner woes

Brilliant- I have sent teh link to the £10 upgrade to my local dealer. I don't have teh fancy key- will the upgrade still apply?

Cheers,

Andrew.
Wizzlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 14:35   #16
Cherub77

I would of purchased online then sent the invoice to the dealer. You can choose the dealer for free installation when you buy. I think you would need either the VoC app or the PCC key.
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 22:19   #17
soldana

I've sent the pre-conditioning update to my dealer too, although when I checked out the price went from £10 to £0. Will be interesting to see if they honour it!
soldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 22:49   #18
Tober

Same outcome with £10 moving to £0 on confirmation of the order. I received the confirmation/order number but the promised e mail has not materialised nor a communication from the dealer. Let’s see what comes of it.
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 23:03   #19
steadvex
Master Member

Price on the software for remote start is 170 plus vat!

I think I'll join the trying to get it for a tenner band wagon! Will make me feel better a out paying full price for pre conditioning... Maybe ��

no email confirmation here either

I would be more than happy to pay a tenner, heck £50 and I would be happy!

there are quite a few accessories listed as free including spoilers, assuming someone will get in a lot of trouble...

weirdly the site doesn't show all the accessories?

Last edited by steadvex; Jan 12th, 2019 at 01:44.
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 09:05   #20
Cherub77

Try using a different browser/device. I paid £20, £10 for each option. I received a confirmation email. I think without that you are going to struggle.
Try putting something else cheap into the basket and see if it then let’s you check out? Pick something at a real price of £10-£20. That’s what I did.

If you work shifts and can’t charge at work like me it’s sooo nice getting into a warm car!

Last edited by Cherub77; Jan 12th, 2019 at 09:27.