Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo RTI SatNav > Tomtom

Views : 24088

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2011, 23:16   #21
Banzai

It should tell you the software part number,, for me it says:

Volvo Part Number: 31310193
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 23:45   #22
hancym
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
It should tell you the software part number,, for me it says:

Volvo Part Number: 31310193
Well as you can see from the photo, mine say "SW Version: 0001404" but I can't find a version relating to that on any website

I think its "Volvo Navigation RTI 1022 Europe MMM2" Can anyone out there please confirm if this is the latest as I don't believ it is?

Last edited by hancym; Feb 26th, 2011 at 23:58.
hancym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 08:13   #23
Banzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancym View Post
Well as you can see from the photo, mine say "SW Version: 0001404" but I can't find a version relating to that on any website

I think its "Volvo Navigation RTI 1022 Europe MMM2" Can anyone out there please confirm if this is the latest as I don't believ it is?

It is the software part number you need to look for AFAIK not the software version.

If in doubt, contact your local dealer - what car/year do you have?
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 08:57   #24
JimG
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
That's would be nice. I posted a thread a while ago. I think we should all write to Volvo and ask our money back on the basis that the sat nav iS not for for purpose. Volvo should simply switch to tom-tom software and offer a free of charge upgrade to existing owner.

I use the car for business and this sat nav has wasted so much of my time I now use my 5 years old tom-tom 1
If you are able to see The Telegraph's Honest John section from yesterday, he replies to a reader advising that if you've bought a high end vehicle in the UK with SatNav that does not except a UK 7 digit postcode, then either demand from the dealer a software upgrade or you're money back as not fit for purpose.

There is also this link to a previous article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...atnav-fix.html
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 09:41   #25
Stebbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5Gill View Post
I have the DVD based rti system running 2010 maps and cannot fault it (apart from having no external fixed buttons)
I have used many manufacturer systems over the years and if you think this is bad, try using mercedes comand or bmw's idrive, renault's carminat or the latest effort from land rover.
I actually think Volvo's system stands up pretty well
You make it sound easy, D5Gill ! I have an 04/05 V70 with the original disc I guess and I just find it so inconvenient. Are you saying that the 2010 disc just goes in as an upgrade and hey presto ! full post code facilities ? only my dealer - and what do they know - lol ! said the hardware was too old.
Stebbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 11:50   #26
D5Gill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbo View Post
You make it sound easy, D5Gill ! I have an 04/05 V70 with the original disc I guess and I just find it so inconvenient. Are you saying that the 2010 disc just goes in as an upgrade and hey presto ! full post code facilities ? only my dealer - and what do they know - lol ! said the hardware was too old.
The upgrade really is that easy, 7 digit postcode entry and TMC traffic data
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 12:57   #27
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancym View Post

Your software part no is 0031260794 AB so it looks like it is an older version.
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 13:17   #28
Stevepvolvo

I also have a 2007 XC70 with the built in RTI and have just done a european trip also using a tomtom ! Seems madness to have an installed unit that doesnt do post codes, doesnt do 3d view and plotted some odd routes that luckily the tomtom got right. Got the classic nightmare of two satnavs pratically arguing with each other :-)
I do note that the XC90 sat nav disc set part is 31310193 and for the XC70 for the same year is 31310191 - The XC90 data sheet appears much more feature rich than the XC70 version for the same year. So there are differences in the software on the discs for the two vehicles.
I to would either like my RTI to do the job that a £200 tomtom unit can do (including advanced lane guidance as that was soooooo useful) or run tomtom?
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 20:33   #29
superses

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
That's would be nice. I posted a thread a while ago. I think we should all write to Volvo and ask our money back on the basis that the sat nav iS not for for purpose. Volvo should simply switch to tom-tom software and offer a free of charge upgrade to existing owner.

I use the car for business and this sat nav has wasted so much of my time I now use my 5 years old tom-tom 1
Very glad to read your post as I have had similar time wasting experiences all over Europe.The reason it is fixed to the car is so you can't throw it out of the window.Even my normally very calm wife now rants and swears at it as we take some inexplicable god-forsaken back street detour.Total crap and Volvo should offer proper software--the kit itself is pretty much ok
superses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 21:31   #30
Blaven11

I must admit the built in unit on my 2011 '90' is excellent. Having bought the car when it was 6 months old I get two free disc upgrades at no charge. Have found the system miles ahead of the Audi I had.