Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pop-Up Sat-Nav

Views : 5332

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2009, 12:38   #1
SVLR
VOC Member

Default Pop-Up Sat-Nav

I am looking for the pop-up actuator part for the XC90 built-in sat-nav. It doesn't matter if the actual screen is faulty as I am looking to adapt it to pop-up a Panasonic screen which is the same size.
I already have the plastic mounting plate and the finishing trim and if I cannot get the pop-up motor unit I will have to fit the screen as a permanant fixture.
Andy.T
SVLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 20:07   #2
elliott2
Trader

Hi Andy, I think I can help you here, I will let you know in the next couple of days. Peter
elliott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 22:26   #3
pborlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVLR View Post
I am looking for the pop-up actuator part for the XC90 built-in sat-nav. It doesn't matter if the actual screen is faulty as I am looking to adapt it to pop-up a Panasonic screen which is the same size.
I already have the plastic mounting plate and the finishing trim and if I cannot get the pop-up motor unit I will have to fit the screen as a permanant fixture.
Andy.T
Hi,

Just wondering how you are getting on with this as I want to try the same thing. Have you worked out the wiring to make the screen pop up yet? Are you planning to connect to a car PC like I'm planning?

Thanks
Peter
pborlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 13:54   #4
SVLR
VOC Member

Peter (pborlace),
As far as the pop-up bit is concerned not too well. Peter (elliott2) has offered a full system and, although in itself it looks like a good deal, it was not quite what I was looking for.
I have settled for a 2mm fixed alloy plate at the moment which looks quite smart but needs to be hidden when parking in some areas. I have the dimensions for the fixed plate if anyone needs them.
I will keep trying the scrap yards but the volvo price for the spare part is over £1000 so I don't hold out too much hope.
Andy.T.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 00:44   #5
pborlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVLR View Post
Peter (pborlace),
As far as the pop-up bit is concerned not too well. Peter (elliott2) has offered a full system and, although in itself it looks like a good deal, it was not quite what I was looking for.
I have settled for a 2mm fixed alloy plate at the moment which looks quite smart but needs to be hidden when parking in some areas. I have the dimensions for the fixed plate if anyone needs them.
I will keep trying the scrap yards but the volvo price for the spare part is over £1000 so I don't hold out too much hope.
Andy.T.
I've just received today the screen and motorised assembly, bracket including smaller speaker and the grill. Only problem is the grill is the wrong colour, I need the beige one, this is black. I got it all through the partsgateway.co.uk and got two replies one was for the screen only and £180 and one from New City Volvo Parts at around £100.

Which model Panasonic screen are you using? I'm looking for one with VGA input.

Peter
pborlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:50   #6
Doug11

Have you seen this ?

http://www.bicostereo.com/index.php?...productId=3106
Doug11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 23:39   #7
elliott2
Trader

Default screen

Hi Doug, that is the same product I can supply. Peter
elliott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 20:51   #8
paddy dougan

Default satnav drive init

Hi,
sorry to hijack this thread,
don't suppose anyone knows of a satnav drive unit 4 sale ???
cheers for any help,
Paddy
paddy dougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 16:54   #9
SVLR
VOC Member

Default Pop-up continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborlace View Post
I've just received today the screen and motorised assembly, bracket including smaller speaker and the grill. Only problem is the grill is the wrong colour, I need the beige one, this is black. I got it all through the partsgateway.co.uk and got two replies one was for the screen only and £180 and one from New City Volvo Parts at around £100.

Peter
Peter,
I have the Panasonic CY-VMR5800N and now sourced the pop-up unit from New City via partsgateway thanks to you . I have started to dismantle the pop-up unit and now need to design a circuit which detects the actuating motors stall point, switches off the power and reverses the polarity ready to retract the unit.I wonder if anyone has any circuit diagrams for either the Panasonic unit or the Volvo spec pop-up unit??
Andy.T.
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:41   #10
jonnyspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborlace View Post

Peter
Is the nav itself a separate unit? or is it part of the screen as per a tomtom?
jonnyspin is offline   Reply With Quote