Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Accelerator pedal fault code

Views : 3372

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2022, 16:42   #11
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Chris at FRF is ordering a single one just to see if it comes the same.

I suppose all it takes is the "big box at Volvo" have the wrong terminals in.
So fingers crossed.

I am glad I didn't cut of any of the terminals in the plug!!

Last edited by IainG; Oct 21st, 2022 at 16:46.
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 11:34   #12
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Chris at FRF has sent me a photo of the newly ordered one(looks same as the ones sent to me on the same number) against another possibility.
The 30656678 does still look like the same that was sent me and is the wrong one.
The alternative he has suggested ( 30765500 ) looks better and looks like it matches my terminal in the photo.

But when I google 30765500 it mentions "Seat harness repair" but can't find any mention of CEM
Is there anyone on the forum that have repaired these CEM terminals and can confirm the number of the terminal they used?

The Photo with the part numbers is from FRF and against my photo of the "Wrong" new terminal and the one I require.
The terminal I require does look like the 30765500 however when I put this number into a search on this forum it only picks up this thread I am writing. Getting very confused
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221024_090118.jpg (86.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8719.JPG (252.2 KB, 8 views)
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 23:23   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi
Chris at FRF has sent me a photo of the newly ordered one(looks same as the ones sent to me on the same number) against another possibility.
The 30656678 does still look like the same that was sent me and is the wrong one.
The alternative he has suggested ( 30765500 ) looks better and looks like it matches my terminal in the photo.

But when I google 30765500 it mentions "Seat harness repair" but can't find any mention of CEM
Is there anyone on the forum that have repaired these CEM terminals and can confirm the number of the terminal they used?

The Photo with the part numbers is from FRF and against my photo of the "Wrong" new terminal and the one I require.
The terminal I require does look like the 30765500 however when I put this number into a search on this forum it only picks up this thread I am writing. Getting very confused
30656678 is the correct number for the female repair terminal in the plug.

30765500 is the corresponding male part which 30656678 plugs into when 30656678 is used in a plug and socket .

There isn't anything we can do here, it is for FRF to sort it out with volvo ...

someone up at Vovo Parts has put the wrong parts in the bin.
Old Oct 29th, 2022, 20:06   #14
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
All getting a bit complicated now. I have done the wiring for the accelerator pedal. So that has to be better.
Off to Derbyshire in the morning so will read the codes when up there.
It would have been nice to change the CEM end of the coms wires and the accelerator pedal wires.

However it is all working and can't work out how to actually get the correct terminals. So will just wait and see
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 17:16   #15
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Just to close this thread and to clarify terminal repair numbers.

In the end Sweden was contacted and they gave 30656698 as the correct number for these CEM plug repair terminals. It is very similar to the one circulating on this forum (30656678) so I wonder if it has been mistyped in the past and just copied.

New terminals now fitted and all working, some faults have cleared but some still remain to sort over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8709.jpg (238.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 16.54.20.png (142.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9025.jpg (142.6 KB, 7 views)
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 18:21   #16
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

so on a scale of one to ten how difficult is it to do this repair? a small explanation of how to go about this repair would help many. as this problem manifests its self right across multiple models on this platform . tia .also another question how can i clear the initial state tab in vida i ask this as i have just fixed a car which had 53 fault codes showing due to a random disconnecting the battery .

Last edited by Simmy; Jan 7th, 2023 at 18:33. Reason: extra question
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 21:43   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi
Just to close this thread and to clarify terminal repair numbers.

In the end Sweden was contacted and they gave 30656698 as the correct number for these CEM plug repair terminals. It is very similar to the one circulating on this forum (30656678) so I wonder if it has been mistyped in the past and just copied.

New terminals now fitted and all working, some faults have cleared but some still remain to sort over time.
30656698 is also used for the throttle flap motor on the 1.8 and 2.0 litre ford petrol engines in these cars which had a similar problem. I have never come across these new terminals in my CEM Network wire terminal repair jobs. only used the 30656678.

so which plugs use the new 30656698?
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 21:53   #18
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Disconnect the battery before either of these jobs

I did the accelerator pedal first.(a while ago) I actually removed the pedal in order to access the plug and loom. The pedal has 3 bolts, 2 easy and one not! The tricky one came out with a 1/4" drive and a few wobbly joints. One cable tie on the loom and then it can all be worked on in the footwell just. I did 1 wire at a time and then clicked that new terminal into the new housing until all 6 were done. I just stripped the end of each wire back 10mm, twisted the strands, tinned the wire, on both the loom and new terminal wire. I put a length of heat shrink on the terminal wire ready. I then soldered each new wire to the loom and slid the heatshrink over the solder join. I just knelt on the drive and sort of twisted a bit to get at the job. The soldering and jointing probably 4 out of 10 the access probably 7 out of 10. Bit fiddly so patience is required.

Again disconnect the battery first

The CEM end today was quite easy. Easier then the accelerator plug.
The green and brown plugs can be done without moving the CEM, there is a bit of insulation to remove first but that is it.
I did the Green plug first and it took about 40 mins.
I did the 2 data wires + the accelerator wire on this plug. the other 2 only did 2 data wires in each

Remove the plug by operating the lever, and then remove the red insert from the plug. The insert locks the pins into the plug housing.
I am still not sure how I actually released the pins!! the first 2 came out in the direction of the wire, the remaining ones pushed through, so had to cut the wire to release them from the plug.
I did one wire at a time and only cut each wire once the terminal was free. If they came out the wire side, I just pulled them out with the wire and then cut the terminal off. If the terminal pushed through I pushed it out by about 5mm to make sure it was released and then cut the wire to allow the terminal to pull out. Again I tinned both the loom wire and the new terminal wire, added some heatshrink, soldered the wires together and slid the heatshrink over the join. Finished each plug and put the red insert back and then shrunk the heatshrink. Sprayed contact cleaner and lubricant on each plug before plugging it back in.
The blue plug needed the CEM folding down, there is enough loom to allow the plug to pull out enough to work on.
Green plug 40 minutes
Brown plug 25 minutes
Blue plug 15 minutes
With practice it became quicker!!
I just knelt on the drive on a rubber mat and it was easy to lean in and work in the footwell.
4 out of 10, but I do soldering quite a lot.

The terminals slot into the housing with the crimp on the wire facing outwards. In the photo the "Crimped" side is the one showing
I left the red wires on the new terminals full length.
As I have done the accelerator wire at both ends with new terminals, as I am still getting a fault I might just run a new wire over and just solder into the new terminals I have just fitted. That is another day and should only take 30 mins.
Hope this helps. Hope I have covered it all. One picture shows the red insert.
Photos. Codes before, codes after work and reset, terminals changed
Attached Images
File Type: png Volvo CEM Coms Terminals copy.png (44.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 21.45.25.jpg (116.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9024.jpg (379.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9028.jpg (258.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 16.54.20.png (142.6 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 7th, 2023 at 22:02.
The Following User Says Thank You to IainG For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 7th, 2023, 21:58   #19
IainG
Premier Member

Hi Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
30656698 is also used for the throttle flap motor on the 1.8 and 2.0 litre ford petrol engines in these cars which had a similar problem. I have never come across these new terminals in my CEM Network wire terminal repair jobs. only used the 30656678.

so which plugs use the new 30656698?
The Green, Brown and blue plugs.

I believe the green plug is 8676086

The blue one I think is 8682666

and the brown one 8682663
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8714.jpg (204.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8709.jpg (238.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 16.54.20.png (142.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9025.jpg (142.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 7th, 2023 at 22:04.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IainG For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 05:19   #20
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Just to link both threads.

I have posted this post

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=329962

Just to confirm, on one page the part numbers I used for the repair