Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo UK World Record Attempt March 2019

Views : 91515

Replies : 257

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2019, 00:05   #171
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

I was there in March. Was a brilliant trip and took the wee man to Thomas Land the day before. Probably end up doing the same if it's the 28th June (Sunday) next year.

I think what may have helped would be to have a mass briefing to re-emphasise the spacing required. I was also gutted to find out GWR didnt validate our attempt. It was a spectacular event and I will be sure to attend this again! We'll do it next time!

Is Bruntingthorpe a big enough venue? It was jam packed last time and took forever to get moving.

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SignumGB For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 16:19   #172
Simmy
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourbikenate View Post
I wasn't aware of the last attempt so i didn't go but I am going to make the next one.

i went to a recent meet by the organisers at cosforth raf museum and that was quite good to see the cars and meet a few folks, not sure if anyone on here was there or not? I convoyed down with the Volvo owners uk northwest group that met in lymm services was a good day out.

there is another event at the british motor museum on the 6th oct which i'm planning on attending too.

quite impressed with how active the volvo community is and how nice everyone is, shame i didn’t discover it earlier!
iwas there nate and also convoyed down to cosford from lymm with nw volvo owners .
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 18:51   #173
onyourbikenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
iwas there nate and also convoyed down to cosford from lymm with nw volvo owners .
Hi mate, what motor was you in? i didn't get a chance to talk to everyone, was desperate to get a mcdonalds breakfast in before we set off.

Volvo XC70 2.4 D5 2006
Volvo S40 1.6D 2006
onyourbikenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 08:20   #174
Simmy
Premier Member

we were in a red c70 wife was driveing i only knew 2 other drivers on the convoy both vt members . nw volvo owners might have a convoy to gaydon
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 15:08   #175
kennyt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
we were in a red c70 wife was driveing i only knew 2 other drivers on the convoy both vt members . nw volvo owners might have a convoy to gaydon
My son wants to go to this meeting with his T5 (I'll be driving) if all is well. Will there be a convoy from the North West?
kennyt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 19:12   #176
Dippydog
Premier Member

Just read a piece in this weeks CCW stating the date for the re-run will be 28th June next year,but it also says go to the Volvo600 or Torquevolvo facebook page[s] for ticket availability.So have they changed to a ticket system as opposed to just printing off the forms and turning up?
P.s. I don't do facebook,never have and I'm not about to start.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 23:14   #177
ITSv40
VOC Member

I've not seen any joining instructions on the Facebook page. The date and venue is fixed and no doubt joining instructions will follow in due course.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 17:59   #178
Dippydog
Premier Member

Just been on Volvo600 site and ordered event pass for this years attempt.As I'm not very computer savvy I hope I've done it right! Anyway the payment for it has been taken so I must be part way right.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 18:20   #179
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Just been on Volvo600 site and ordered event pass for this years attempt.As I'm not very computer savvy I hope I've done it right! Anyway the payment for it has been taken so I must be part way right.
Donn't worry Dippy. Not many folks managed to fill it in correctly and the organisers are emailing everyone for any missing details - if need be. If payment has been made I think it is 99.99% certain you are booked in.

Following the antics of folks trying to use the booking system it has been like trying to herd cats.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 19:17   #180
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Donn't worry Dippy. Not many folks managed to fill it in correctly and the organisers are emailing everyone for any missing details - if need be. If payment has been made I think it is 99.99% certain you are booked in.

Following the antics of folks trying to use the booking system it has been like trying to herd cats.
if they cant fill in a form what chance will they have with the instruction book when it arrives ? the atempt failed last year because the rules were not followed . we will wait and see what this years atempt brings ... a record i hope
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:

Tags
guinness world record, meet, volvo