Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sunroof flooding :-(

Views : 570

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2016, 09:22   #1
scottyjohn

Default Sunroof flooding :-(

So I stripped the A post trim to clear the blocked sunroof drain pipes, and both pipes were hanging off of the rubber elbows. It seems to me that the pipes are too short, has anyone else found this? One of the elbows was perished and fell apart, so Im now going to order two new elbows, but how easy is it to change the main pipes coming from the sunroof? Is it possible without taking the roof cloth down?

Also, when I fit the new elbows, is it better to trim the cross end so its open? Im a bit confused as to why its called a sound trap? And Im worried that the cross is there to prevent wind blowing back up the pipe causing noise?

Also, I think I want to possibly get a length of the same hose as from the sunroof and cut it and join it half way down the pillar so as to add about 1cm to the length of the hose and not put any stress on the pipe. Has anyone done this and if so, what diameter is the hose needed?

XC90 SE 2004 D5 163HP - Blue
scottyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 12:38   #2
Harley Dave
Volvo Driver

I haven't had to do this job and (with a later model car) hopefully won't - but I would have thought that when you get your new elbow joints, then you will be able to use them as a size guide for the additional piece of pipe you are talking about (which sounds like a very good idea BTW...)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes

Cheers

Dave
Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 09:22   #3
Chesney46

It's easy enough to get to the top mounting of the hose. Just pull the door seal away, remove the sun visors (only a couple of cross head screws) and gently pull down the roof lining. This should give enough space to reach in and swap the hoses.
Old May 20th, 2016, 13:49   #4
scottyjohn

Great, Ill get the new parts and fit from the sunroof down. Might still use a couple of sections from the old hose to lengthen it slightly. They definitely seem too short. I think the internal diameter of the tubing is 11mm, so if I use a short piece of 10mm plastic pipe to join, would that be okay?

XC90 SE 2004 D5 163HP - Blue
scottyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote