Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BluePower BLP-990A

Views : 18442

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 22nd, 2020, 14:58   #31
mark2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
they made a piece of junk on the cheap, and people bought it as they were the only game in town. if youre gonna spend that kind of money, get a grom and figure your own mounting system for a tablet. The blupower is not good
are you including the newer A (the android one) model? i thought it was was supposed to be pretty good?
mark2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2020, 15:18   #32
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
are you including the newer A (the android one) model? i thought it was was supposed to be pretty good?
I looked into it at one point, and even the updated android one is apparently glitchy, with no support. So given the price I ruled it out.

I bought a £18 anker bluetooth module. Connected via aux in cubby, with a hidden USB 12v charger from rear cig lighter. When I start ignition, the module is woken up. switch on phones bluetooth, and I have everything I need right there. it has BT 5.0 so sound quality is excellent. I could fit a tablet, and customise just for this purpose and it would exceed the performance of the bluepower for a fraction of the cost. If the blupower was properly supported and had regular updates, I'd have considered it.
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2020, 15:28   #33
mark2410

erm, where exactly is the aux connector? i have a 2007 v50 with the "high performance" sound system, do i have one?
Old Mar 24th, 2020, 16:07   #34
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
erm, where exactly is the aux connector? i have a 2007 v50 with the "high performance" sound system, do i have one?
Behind waterfall console, IIRC. I think it was only from 2008+ models, but not 100% sure. If you have it, your upmost right button would say "mode" instead CD/FM .
Old Mar 24th, 2020, 17:14   #35
lockstock

Quote:
i think the high performance one will have it. if you press the mode/cd button. if it switches between CD and Aux. or CD Aux USB, then you do have ut. wither behind waterfall, or inside the arm rest. its a silver 3.5mm jack
Old Mar 29th, 2020, 22:08   #36
mark2410

okay so i get the AUX option but i cant see the socket, but then its hard to see anything at the back. any one got a pic or diagram of where exactly its supposed to be? I cant find one
Old Mar 29th, 2020, 22:31   #37
lockstock

Quote:
okay so i get the AUX option but i cant see the socket, but then its hard to see anything at the back. any one got a pic or diagram of where exactly its supposed to be? I cant find one
https://www.google.com/search?q=volv...4aAnADmtoEteRM
Old Mar 30th, 2020, 01:57   #38
StatusRed
Premier Member

In my S40 it's in under the arm rest.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 11:05   #39
PiriPiri

Default firmware to BLP-990A

Hi! is it posible to get the firmware from u?

www.Bluepower.se will not get me the software så i can fix som problems whith the stereo BLP-990A

thank you
PiriPiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2020, 03:00   #40
bcjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by misalte View Post
I finally got my BLP 990A unit and took it to a reputable installer here in Orlando. He had to try to install it twice because my car has the amplifier in it and the directions weren't clear to him. I picked it up and drove it home. I have 2 major problems and am hoping you can help me tell him what he did wrong.

The 3 USB ports in the glove box (that came on Harness A) charge but don't do any data. I have tried both IPhones and Androids

There is a stuck old screen from my old display unit sitting in front of the brand new display, the one that has the temperature, the time and the fan speed.

Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Margaret
I'm also a new BLP-990a owner and have had this same problem.
Bluepower finally responded to me these instructions to update the system, which resolved the problem.

Please update the unit with latest software:

1. Download the rar file from the link:

https://mega.nz/#!zRtSkAAJ!znxzYA38x...K6UR-xood2bC9o

2. Unzip the rar file in empty USB memory stick without any files on it.

3. Insert the USB stick into one of the units USB ports.

4. Turn on your car

5. Start the system procedure through settings, SETTINGS > CAR SETTINGS > SYSTEM UPDATE (SELECT USB)

6. The updating does take about 6-8 minutes and the car need to be turned on while updating, once the updating is completed the unit will restart and homepage will appear.

7. Press the small display icon on left upper corner of the display to close the OSD.
bcjackson is offline   Reply With Quote