Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 running like a dog...intermittently

Views : 2416

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2015, 21:57   #21
rowdy

Had a vw Touran where I used to work that developed a shake on idle, pulled ok through the revs, just appeared to make the whole thing shake from side to side on idle.
Unfortunately it was the dreaded dmf.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2015, 13:57   #22
blandit

Cheers roudy, i'm really hoping its not....kind of clutching at straws but im going to try changing the engine mounts before i hit the DMF, either way im going to need to squirrel some money away to pay for the bloody thing.
blandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2015, 18:30   #23
XcOM

I would do as above, check the mounts, if that's it much cheaper than the DMF

XcOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 13:28   #24
blandit

hi all, a week after my last post the car decided to fix itself and has not been anywhere near as bad.....untill now, the issue has crept up again.

but, now when accelerating from say 60mph to 80mph the car shakes like feck, i mean it sounds and feels like the engine wants to jump out of the chassis.....any ideas on this?

Ive also since bought vida, still no fault codes or anything!

Baffled.
blandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2023, 23:52   #25
volvoV50radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandit View Post
hi all, a week after my last post the car decided to fix itself and has not been anywhere near as bad.....untill now, the issue has crept up again.

but, now when accelerating from say 60mph to 80mph the car shakes like feck, i mean it sounds and feels like the engine wants to jump out of the chassis.....any ideas on this?

Ive also since bought vida, still no fault codes or anything!

Baffled.
Hi there,

I've got the same exact problems as you. Checked injectors; they are okay, the car has a SMF as far as I know (previous owner); so no DMF failure, tried blanking the EGR; no difference.

I am becoming a bit desperate at this point, any suggestions? Did you ever got to the bottom of the issue?
I may just drive it like this until it dies at this point, not putting money into a car that costed barely nothing, I can live with the noise i guess hahaha
volvoV50radio is offline   Reply With Quote