Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Sensus Dropping Out

Views : 2916

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 20th, 2020, 10:32   #1
Tonyr027

Default XC60 Sensus Dropping Out

My XC60 was serviced in June, not sure if it’s related but the Sensus system keeps dropping out. The main screen totally drops out along with the central dash map. The radio stops working and when the screens reappear it sometimes still won’t work it just says loading. The phone connection also keeps in loading mode.

I phoned my dealer and they say it’s a bug and Volvo are working on a fix.

Has anyone else had this issue and had a fix.

TonyR
Tonyr027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 11:31   #2
Ringthane
VOC Member

It’s happened to me a couple of times recently. It usually reboots itself a couple of times.

The weirdest thing is an audible click before the third reboot.

Then all is normal again.

Volvos eh?
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 14:37   #3
rubachuk

I've had it from time to time, just recently as it happens. It'll normally do it a few times over the course of a week or so and then be fine for 6 months or so.

Weird and mildly irritating, but I really can't be bothered with the hassle of taking it into the dealers when the likelihood is that I'll just get it back with a "could not replicate fault"
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 17:24   #4
Tonyr027

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubachuk View Post
I've had it from time to time, just recently as it happens. It'll normally do it a few times over the course of a week or so and then be fine for 6 months or so.

Weird and mildly irritating, but I really can't be bothered with the hassle of taking it into the dealers when the likelihood is that I'll just get it back with a "could not replicate fault"
I guess that’s what I will do unless it becomes a frequent issue.
Tonyr027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 11:15   #5
rubachuk

Quote:

So ignore what I said above. It got worse and worse until it was failing more than 50% of the time. I had a service booked about 6 weeks ago so asked them to look at it at the same time, they updated the software and it seemed a lot better. However it's now back to failing 50% of the time so it went back in to the dealers last Friday and is still there, they're awaiting further instruction from Volvo apparently. We'll see what happens.
Old Sep 30th, 2020, 10:02   #6
rubachuk

Got the car back yesterday afternoon. It has had a new ICM (Infotainment? Control Module) and seems to be OK. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Old Sep 30th, 2020, 16:29   #7
apnicolle

Drive to Birmingham, that always used to cause my V90CC Sensus to reboot. No idea why but it happened every time...

Hope yours is fixed now.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 13:02   #8
niva441

Mine did this the other day. Fine first thing, then after I stopped it took about 6 reboots and 10 minutes to sort itself out. I'll ask them to look into it when it has its first service next week, but expect it to get worst before anything is sorted.

This and other oddities aren't giving me confidence in the long term prospects of this car.
niva441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 15:22   #9
rubachuk

Quote:
Got the car back yesterday afternoon. It has had a new ICM (Infotainment? Control Module) and seems to be OK. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Mine's been fine for the last fortnight, as far as the crashing/rebooting is concerned. I do have a couple of observations though.

The sat nav takes much longer to load than it used to. It used to be the first one that loaded in just a few seconds, now it's the las and takes about 15-20 secs. Hardly the end of the world and I can live with that. What's everyone elses like?

Secondly, the speed limit display (bottom of the speedo) is wrong about 60% of the time now, or just blank. Is it based on the camera, GPS, memory or a combination? If memory hopefully it will learn, but that isn't going to be much use when I go to places for the first time when I need it most. Doesn't bode well for the auto speed limiting systems due in 2022...
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 15:34   #10
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Mine's been fine for the last fortnight, as far as the crashing/rebooting is concerned. I do have a couple of observations though.

The sat nav takes much longer to load than it used to. It used to be the first one that loaded in just a few seconds, now it's the las and takes about 15-20 secs. Hardly the end of the world and I can live with that. What's everyone elses like?

Secondly, the speed limit display (bottom of the speedo) is wrong about 60% of the time now, or just blank. Is it based on the camera, GPS, memory or a combination? If memory hopefully it will learn, but that isn't going to be much use when I go to places for the first time when I need it most. Doesn't bode well for the auto speed limiting systems due in 2022...

Have you got the latest map version installed (1311)? I am asking this, because most of the speed signs information shown on the dashboard are coming from the installed map. If there is difference from the map information and what the camera reads, then the camera one is shown as the actual.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote