Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Automatic Load Civer MY19 XC60

Views : 1722

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 09:35   #11
Parky12

My Audi has an Auto load cover as it is linked into a slot in the tailgate so moves up and out of the way as that opens
You can take it from the slots and let it retract if your load is over height
When we went to look, I thought that is what the XC60 had
XC60 15MY 181 SE AWD Savile Grey (previous)
Parky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 10:03   #12
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky12 View Post
My Audi has an Auto load cover as it is linked into a slot in the tailgate so moves up and out of the way as that opens
You can take it from the slots and let it retract if your load is over height
When we went to look, I thought that is what the XC60 had
That is what my XC60 should have had according to the order form but unfortunately that isn’t the case; it is a standard (manual) load cover that is fitted.
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 19:33   #13
lalith16

An update:

Queried with the dealer that my XC60 is not fitted with ‘Automatic Load Cover’ despite it being mentioned on the order form. They referred me to Volvo Cars UK’a customer relations. They agreed with me that for some reason the car wasn’t fitted when it should have been. I was offered £250 compensation via my dealer in the form of Volvo’s vouchers. I declined it. They increased the offer by another £250 i.e. £500 in total. I declined it and this time I have put forward my counter offer of: £500 vouchers + load carriers aluminium profile + Moulded plastic compartment mats + Smartphone Integration retrofit + Load compartment reversible/foldable mat. My counter offer has been accepted as full and final settlement of the matter relating to non-fittment of auto load cover.
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 20:16   #14
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith16 View Post
An update:

Queried with the dealer that my XC60 is not fitted with ‘Automatic Load Cover’ despite it being mentioned on the order form. They referred me to Volvo Cars UK’a customer relations. They agreed with me that for some reason the car wasn’t fitted when it should have been. I was offered £250 compensation via my dealer in the form of Volvo’s vouchers. I declined it. They increased the offer by another £250 i.e. £500 in total. I declined it and this time I have put forward my counter offer of: £500 vouchers + load carriers aluminium profile + Moulded plastic compartment mats + Smartphone Integration retrofit + Load compartment reversible/foldable mat. My counter offer has been accepted as full and final settlement of the matter relating to non-fittment of auto load cover.
Jesus, that is one hell of a compensation offer (& amazing negotiations from your part!) that must be worth getting on for £1,100 for such a minor cost omission by the factory. Well done.
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 20:34   #15
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Jesus, that is one hell of a compensation offer (& amazing negotiations from your part!) that must be worth getting on for £1,100 for such a minor cost omission by the factory. Well done.
Thanks; maybe they have seen this matter through the lens of Misrepresentation of Goods Act.
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 08:48   #16
tricky13

iv an R-design XC60 my19
did you spec and automatic load cover?
mine is just manual - you flip it up to put the cover up and pull it down when youve finished?
but having read what youve said - am i missing out on something?
tricky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 09:24   #17
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky13 View Post
iv an R-design XC60 my19
did you spec and automatic load cover?
mine is just manual - you flip it up to put the cover up and pull it down when youve finished?
but having read what youve said - am i missing out on something?
I didn’t spec it. On my order confirmation form ‘auto load cover’ was listed as a standard interior feature. However, my car is fitted with a manual one - the one that you described above. I suggest you check your order confirmation form and see if auto load cover is mentioned. If it is mentioned then, if I were you, I would take it up with the dealer.
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 09:24   #18
MaDProFF
Master Member

Did not know they did an auto load carrier, I am always forgetting to pull it down and leave it in the up position which is annoying when driving, not as bad as first which I forgot every time
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 09:36   #19
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
Did not know they did an auto load carrier, I am always forgetting to pull it down and leave it in the up position which is annoying when driving, not as bad as first which I forgot every time
They have been doing auto load cover on V90s for sometime. Since my XC60 order form listed it as a standard feature, I am assuming that Volvo at somepoint might have decided to make that feature a standard on XC60s starting with MY19 cars but maybe they later decided not to.

With regards to you forgetting to pull the cover down, take comfort that you are not alone; I keep doing that all the time.
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 09:43   #20
MaDProFF
Master Member

I cannot even see it in the options list of a new car, intact I cannot even see the Design Pro option no more, have they discontinued the Pro?
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote