Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

960 royal Owners?

Views : 7708

Replies : 106

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 25th, 2020, 21:49   #41
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrator View Post
That is quite correct, Dibble - Mrs Mig would go mental ...
And you would kick yourself if you ever sold it!
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 19:13   #42
Bertone

Default Interesting

I would like to add some interesting info, I hope new lucky owner of this executive Volvo will forgive me

I was searching for this car for a long time and so... finally last weekend, the 23rd of FEB I saw AD and immediately called the seller. The car was just 2 days listed at that time and "still available". I am from Latvia, therefore I apologized that I can not come immediately, pay & collect. Listed at 1200 GPB I offered exactly 1000. Seller agreed and he sent me e-mail. I paid by PayPal 100 GPB as advance payment so that the car would be reserved for me. Seller provided additional pictures, see below screenshot from my mobile phone.
MON - TUE I managed to contact some people who could arrange pick-up and bring the car to Latvia. However - Seller by any ways tried to escape from providing address for collection.
And now I understand why...... at that time he sold the car to an other person already.

[Edited]

And looks like I was f..ed by them, for 100 GBP + no Volvo. Even over the distance to Latvia. See below the pictures / evidence and be aware of such people!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PayPal Payment.JPG (10.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg PayPal Payment 2.JPG (14.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg W-up 1 (buying).jpg (128.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Grundy main.jpg (88.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Grundy main 2.jpg (98.3 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Mar 6th, 2020 at 21:50. Reason: Homophobic slurs
Bertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 19:31   #43
Bertone

Actually, it`s really, really sad that such people still exist and enjoy. I spent two days, I found transportation possibility, the driver should have bring cash to pay remaining amount, I called some friends in UK, they were ready to support. I organized everything, and you can imagine, how hard it was, to pick up the car without MOT, which is 1700 miles away from you.

Is it really so, that you can not trust people any more? I will not become poorer, after loosing those 100 GPB (even I will try to get them back via PayPal), but .... cheating by OLD Volvo?

Disappointing, really disappointing.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 20:15   #44
lovejoy489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertone View Post
I would like to add some interesting info, I hope new lucky owner of this executive Volvo will forgive me

I was searching for this car for a long time and so... finally last weekend, the 23rd of FEB I saw AD and immediately called the seller. The car was just 2 days listed at that time and "still available". I am from Latvia, therefore I apologized that I can not come immediately, pay & collect. Listed at 1200 GPB I offered exactly 1000. Seller agreed and he sent me e-mail. I paid by PayPal 100 GPB as advance payment so that the car would be reserved for me. Seller provided additional pictures, see below screenshot from my mobile phone.
MON - TUE I managed to contact some people who could arrange pick-up and bring the car to Latvia. However - Seller by any ways tried to escape from providing address for collection.
And now I understand why...... at that time he sold the car to an other person already.

[Edited]

And looks like I was f..ed by them, for 100 GBP + no Volvo. Even over the distance to Latvia. See below the pictures / evidence and be aware of such people!
Quote:
Actually, it`s really, really sad that such people still exist and enjoy. I spent two days, I found transportation possibility, the driver should have bring cash to pay remaining amount, I called some friends in UK, they were ready to support. I organized everything, and you can imagine, how hard it was, to pick up the car without MOT, which is 1700 miles away from you.

Is it really so, that you can not trust people any more? I will not become poorer, after loosing those 100 GPB (even I will try to get them back via PayPal), but .... cheating by OLD Volvo?

Disappointing, really disappointing.
Im not quite sure whats going on here?????...are you saying youve been "shafted" by the OP/Seller?

Im sure the member Nine40, will come on to explain the situation in full?

Last edited by foggyjames; Mar 6th, 2020 at 18:03. Reason: Quoted post edited
lovejoy489 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lovejoy489 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 20:30   #45
Bertone

" are you saying youve been "shafted" by the OP/Seller? "

!Exactly!

And to avoid similar issues I added my message to this thread, to let other Volvo People know that still in year 2020 such things happens. Even in Volvo community those kind of people exist. Fortunately I lost just 100 GPB, not full amount. And that`s why I provided full evidence of this "deal" from my side, including screenshot from PayPal account.

I have no issue to the new owner, as I understand (IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECT), Nine40 is the new owner, the person,who purchased the car same time, seller promised it to me. The only question ... may be, may be.... the new owner will agree to sell the car to me for the full price of 1200 GPB, as it was in initial, original listing.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 20:40   #46
lovejoy489

Quote:
" are you saying youve been "shafted" by the OP/Seller? "

!Exactly!

And to avoid similar issues I added my message to this thread, to let other Volvo People know that still in year 2020 such things happens. Even in Volvo community those kind of people exist. Fortunately I lost just 100 GPB, not full amount. And that`s why I provided full evidence of this "deal" from my side, including screenshot from PayPal account.

I have no issue to the new owner, as I understand (IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECT), Nine40 is the new owner, the person,who purchased the car same time, seller promised it to me. The only question ... may be, may be.... the new owner will agree to sell the car to me for the full price of 1200 GPB, as it was in initial, original listing.
Im still slightly confuzzled...i thought you bought the car from Nine40 (because, as i understand it, Nine40 has sold it on)...but what i think you are saying is that, the guy/owner you agreed to buy the car from, sold it to Nine40, instead of selling it to you(after you gave him a deposit of GBP £100). Either way, as i see it, people have been "shafted" over this "Royale with cheese".
lovejoy489 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lovejoy489 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 20:51   #47
Bertone

As I understand, may be I am wrong, ok, my English is not perfect, but as I see, Nine40 is the lucky buyer. Check the Thread starts, Nine40 is asking for advise. If I completely misunderstood, sorry.
But if I do misunderstand, and Nine40 is the seller - super. Welcome. Please let me know the address for pick up.

[Edited]

Last edited by foggyjames; Mar 6th, 2020 at 18:04. Reason: Homophobic slurs
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 20:56   #48
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:
As I understand, may be I am wrong, ok, my English is not perfect, but as I see, Nine40 is the lucky buyer. Check the Thread starts, Nine40 is asking for advise. If I completely misunderstood, sorry.
But if I do misunderstand, and Nine40 is the seller - super. Welcome. Please let me know the address for pick up.

[Edited]
You might well be angry with the person who sold the car to someone else when they’d taken a deposit from you, but what has their sexuality got to do with anything? Are we back in the 1950’s?

Last edited by foggyjames; Mar 6th, 2020 at 18:04. Reason: Quoted post edited
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 21:13   #49
Bertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal optimist View Post
You might well be angry with the person who sold the car to someone else when they’d taken a deposit from you, but what has their sexuality got to do with anything? Are we back in the 1950’s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal optimist View Post
1. In Russian slang (I am Russian) if someone cheated you, so if you have the situation what I have, you describe it exactly by such words..... idiomatic expression I mean. Therefore it is so sensitive.

2. Yes, I am not liberal. Yes, I am conservative. I sincerely apologize for this! [Edited]
I was born in 1977, so slightly younger than 50ties.

[Edited]

Last edited by foggyjames; Mar 6th, 2020 at 18:05. Reason: Homophobic content
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 21:36   #50
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:

2. Yes, I am not liberal. Yes, I am conservative. I sincerely apologize for this! [Edited]
I was born in 1977, so slightly younger than 50ties.

[Edited]
For what it’s worth, I have two daughters and was born in 1961. I don’t ask anyone to apologise for being socially conservative, but your children may ask you to apologise for encouraging them to look down on some people as being less ‘worthy’ than others.

Whilst I’m a straight white man who is a reasonably strong atheist, and who has a positive dislike of golf, I think of those who are gay, women, non-Caucasian, religious, and even golf enthusiasts as different kinds of people and I think life is all the better for it. I guess even narrow minded bigots serve to remind us of the risks of de humanising ‘others’

Last edited by foggyjames; Mar 6th, 2020 at 18:07. Reason: Quoted post edited
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post: