Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CHRIS KNOTT News – BIGGER DISCOUNTS and a Christmas Bonanza

Views : 5812

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 19:38   #21
gatos
Premier Member

8 years no claims, driving a 1.9D S40 and you still quoted me £1300 one year and £1100 the next. Volvo insurance and Admiral were £300 less. Waste of my time and I can't be bothered anymore calling you

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:42   #22
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940_Turbo View Post
I think it is no more than fair that the participants of this forum get a truthful picture of just who you actually want. Give us a list, stop wasting people’s time.
That information has been available on the forum since Nov 2010 pinned at the top of the Discounts section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Hi to all!

As some of you may know, we are the Volvo Owners Club preferred insurance provider and have been for over 20 years!

We thought we would advertise details of the scheme on this forum so here goes! -

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 20bhp. [Now 100bhp 05/12/2012]

It starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover and 19+ for TPFT cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on any M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver and no fault claims in the last 12 months.

The minimum premium is £250 so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!
These are not absolutes, more guidelines, as we treat each quote on its own merits.

In addition, as I said before, we can quote for drivers over 70 but our rates are what they are - we don't have the same flexibility.

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 22:51   #23
940_Turbo

Quote:
That information has been available on the forum since Nov 2010 pinned at the top of the Discounts section:

These are not absolutes, more guidelines, as we treat each quote on its own merits.

In addition, as I said before, we can quote for drivers over 70 but our rates are what they are - we don't have the same flexibility.
That thread is full of complaints in a similar vein to mine, bad service galore.

Why won't you answer a simple question? You DID NOT produce an uncompetitive quote, or for that matter quote at all. YOU CATEGORICALLY STATED THAT SHE IS TOO OLD!

Is the person asking the DOB innumerate? What is the logic behind continuing to waste someone's time? You ask a DOB at the beginning of the conversation. You then go through the whole rigmarole of all the required details and then right at the end come out with 'You're too old'. That is ridiculous.
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 940_Turbo For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 23:22   #24
minesa240x3
loyalty

So the information pinned at 2010 is fully explanatory and clearly states ALL the categories they cover.
Well I'm suprised they manage to keep going with such a small base of potential customers.

Oh and they don't insure limo's and they never said they did.But thought it worth mentioning anyway.Might just save someone a long phonecall asking for a quote on one.
I do know that Footman James will insure one though as a standard saloon as long as it isn't used for reward or gain.In fact they insured all three of my cars on one policy which I thought was very nice of them..

Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:58   #25
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940_Turbo View Post
That thread is full of complaints in a similar vein to mine, bad service galore.

Why won't you answer a simple question? You DID NOT produce an uncompetitive quote, or for that matter quote at all. YOU CATEGORICALLY STATED THAT SHE IS TOO OLD!

Is the person asking the DOB innumerate? What is the logic behind continuing to waste someone's time? You ask a DOB at the beginning of the conversation. You then go through the whole rigmarole of all the required details and then right at the end come out with 'You're too old'. That is ridiculous.
We can quote for drivers over 70 which is why we didn't stop the quote.

The age question is one of many questions that determine whether and how much an individual insurance company will quote and whether we can include the customer in the main club scheme. When we get to the end of the quote with all the information we can determine who's going to offer a quote and who's declining to quote (for that person's individual set of circumstances).

If you're saying that we couldn't quote that would indicate that there were no options available at the end - no one was quoting. We don't ever know that until the end of the quote as no two customers have the same profile. Your mum's age may have been the deciding factor in this instance but you can't say (and we certainly don't) that this means we're no good for anyone over 70.

I'm sorry if your mum feels we have wasted her time but surely that's a risk with any company when you undertake the annual phone round for quotes. If they can't quote or can't beat your best quote you feel you've wasted time.

If there was a blanket exclusion on older drivers of course we would mention it in our criteria - there would be nothing to gain from hiding it. I've just put a quote through for a 99 year old in an average postcode area on a Citroen Picasso and it's still producing a price. However, at age 100 the system won't quote so I guess we do have an upper age limit but not one that many drivers will come across.

Again, I apologise that we were not the best option for your mum this time.

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 19:13   #26
Chris Wickers
Director

I have contacted Chris Knott regarding the issue of 'phone calls not being returned and I understand that these issues have now been resolved and therefore should not happen again.

If anyone still has any problems with this then please email me or PM me.

Kind regards

Chris
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 19:29   #27
Paffel
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wickers View Post
I have contacted Chris Knott regarding the issue of 'phone calls not being returned and I understand that these issues have now been resolved and therefore should not happen again.

If anyone still has any problems with this then please email me or PM me.

Kind regards

Chris
Thanks for that Chris, will give them another chance to redeem themselves next year!

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 17:08   #28
FossilFish
Thank fossils for fuel!

Thumbs up Thank you Gordon!

Went ahead with a quote which was £223 cheaper than my renewal! £60 cheaper than any other offer. At no stage did I give my membership number but Gordon who offered the quote was very professional.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 17:33   #29
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

If you used our VOC dedicated phone number we will have assumed you're a member or closely affiliated person.

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 14:15   #30
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
I’d heard the rumour but it has just been confirmed by my bosses – we’re going to be offering an END OF YEAR SALE to sign up more of this forum’s members PLUS a special Christmas BONUS Prize Draw.

Apparently, we’ve successfully negotiated with insurers to allow us to be more aggressive between now and the end of January 2013. So where price is the only barrier to you switching to Chris Knott, our staff have been told to remove that barrier.

As long as you meet our usual criteria, we expect to be the best option for many more members as a result.

It’s a risky strategy for insurers and not one that’s sustainable all year round (before you ask ).

We have a quote floor of £250 so we can’t chase premiums down below this but, if you’ve been quoted more, you’ve got a good chance of SAVING MORE MONEY WITH CHRIS KNOTT.

As this promotion covers the festive period we’re also offering a great Christmas BONUS Prize Draw. Switch your car insurance to us before 1st February 2013 and you’ll automatically be in with a chance of winning a Ferrari Driving Experience at Silverstone*, courtesy of Chris Knott Insurance.

If your car insurance is due in the coming months, put us to the test and ask Chris Knott Insurance for a quote.

*You can choose from a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Fiesta Rally Car or single-seater racing car.
Just a quick reminder that there's not long to go until this offer expires (Jan 31st) - if your renewal is due in the next few weeks please give us a call now.

A good insurance deal and the chance to drive a Ferrari - can't be bad.