Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

insurance deals

Views : 7175

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 22:02   #21
mammstar

Default Dare I say................?!!!

Recently bought a V40 2.0cd auto and went as usual onto Confused.com

Far and away the best deal they came up with was with Saga!! At least one (more?) benefit of being a wrinklie over 50!!!
mammstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 14:18   #22
Hi Flyer437

Sadly A-Plan came in at £295 for my wife's CR-V, the same as esure's renewal quote. Then Swift came in at approx £245 via confused.com......which A-Plan then matched, including European cover!!

I have used internet searches for the last 5 years but this goes to show that it's not always the best route!

Thanks FIVE ALIVE for this thread; you've saved me £150!
Even Thennerer: 98/S S40 1.8i SE
Hi Flyer437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 14:40   #23
davey wren

i've got a traders policy and paying £650 fully comp. i'm 29 and have 4 cars on the policy. s70 t5, v8 range rover, ford transit and an old xr4i track car. i'm covered to drive any car but if i plan to use a car for more than 14 days i just need to email them the details and they add it on. its great but i find i'm more inclined to carry on buying cars and hold onto them rather than sell them on!
davey wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 22:18   #24
kev240
Master Member

Thumbs up

'Volvo Owners Insurance' through Royal and Sun Alliance charge me £230:00 for my V70XC, fully comp, with legal cover, free windscreen replacement, £10,000 personal injury, £200 medical expenses, protected policy, etc, etc,
been with them a while now, have tried other quotes but the cover cannot compare, so far.
Kevin
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 18:11   #25
TJMurphy
VOC Member

I've got a provisional quote from A-Plan that's £200 less than I paid last year. I've also got a quote from Greenlight that's about the same. Still waiting on a few more quotes to see what I can get it at but next year's looking good. These two don't seem to be down on mods either which is good.

One thing on the A-Plan quote though was that I would not have any insurance to drive any other car - something I'm undecided about at the moment - of course the only other car I had a go in last 12 months was an Aston Martin Vantage - would be terrible to miss an opportunity like that in the future

Tony
TJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 21:24   #26
Volitiveflyer
"Vauxhell Driver"

Cool

I found that all the years I had driven on the Motability Scheme counted for nothing when we decided to stop leasing a car & the time for us to buy our & insure our own. I thought it was quite unfair as I driven 8yrs without a bump & so should have had 8yrs no claims but as the scheme does not give a NCD, I had to start again from scratch.

AXA Direct were very good gave me a 10% intro discount & then suddenly stopped allowing people to insure direct with them & so after using Confused.Com, I found that Yes.co.uk were the most competitive & I have used them ever since. My premium last year was down on the previous years & hopefully if the price is right this year & I'll stick with them.

F
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 22:10   #27
Paddler Ed
Volvo Driver Born 'n bred

Location: Armidale, NSW, Australia... home of rust free 240's!

I used Confused and Yes to cost up insuring my car... unfortunately they were both unable to offer me the cover that I needed, as were A-Plan.

There's only 2 insurers who will cover a car for 6 months in Europe in one lump rather than spread throughout the year, so Liverpool Victoria it was (CIS wouldn't look at me due to a poor claims history)

1/3 more expensive than the cheapest I could get with Yes which was a bit of a nuisance but it does mean that I can take my car out to France with me for the summer (I leave in less than 17 days until the middle of September) which will help to keep me sane!!!

Next year if I don't go to France I might try A Plan again to see what I can get as cover, but otherwise it will be Yes.co.uk
'05 BMW 320d E46 Touring.GF's car
Paddler Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 10:59   #28
keefrto1
VOC member in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddler Ed View Post
I used Confused and Yes to cost up insuring my car... unfortunately they were both unable to offer me the cover that I needed, as were A-Plan.

There's only 2 insurers who will cover a car for 6 months in Europe in one lump rather than spread throughout the year, so Liverpool Victoria it was (CIS wouldn't look at me due to a poor claims history)

1/3 more expensive than the cheapest I could get with Yes which was a bit of a nuisance but it does mean that I can take my car out to France with me for the summer (I leave in less than 17 days until the middle of September) which will help to keep me sane!!!

Next year if I don't go to France I might try A Plan again to see what I can get as cover, but otherwise it will be Yes.co.uk
Have you tried chris knott or volvouk car insurance yet?
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 11:23   #29
Volitiveflyer
"Vauxhell Driver"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddler Ed View Post
I can recomend Yes.co.uk , Customer service is good, although I not keen on having to use an 0870 number to ring'em, but I have never had to hold for very long. Like every where there is good & bad, after the French Gentleman had hit my car last year, within the hour they had taken care of everything following my intial call.

Enjoy your time abroad. Appréciez vos vacances et circuler en voiture sûr.

Fi
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 11:27   #30
Paddler Ed
Volvo Driver Born 'n bred

Location: Armidale, NSW, Australia... home of rust free 240's!

General concensus within the paddling community is that those are the only 2 that will cover you for that length of time out there. A lot of us ship out to France to work for the summer as the water's better out there and we can paddle more rivers!! (Plus the weather's better... 40 degrees last yr, 27 deg in May in Vallon Pont D'Arc!)
'05 BMW 320d E46 Touring.GF's car
Paddler Ed is offline   Reply With Quote