Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Liber-t tag for French autoroutes

Views : 666

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2021, 10:19   #1
Beancounter27

Default Liber-t tag for French autoroutes

Looking forward to taking my newly acquired XC90 to France (but goodness knows when!) and can’t decide where to attach my Liber-t tag. Instructions say to attach it to the dark mottled/shaded area of the windscreen and that worked perfectly on previous cars, but the Volvo has that entire area taken up with what I presume are sensors.

Anyone successfully mounted a tag, and, if so, where?
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 11:00   #2
Polestar Pete
Polestar

From the FAQ:

Quote:
Equipment occupying all the mottled area?
Some vehicles are known to have equipment in the mottled area such as rain sensors or automatic emergency braking sensors. E.g. Volvo XC60 / 90, some Mercedes.

The mottled / shaded area behind the rear view mirror will be free of any heat reflective metallic coating that is sometimes applied to the glass in the factory to reflect the sun and keep the car interior cool on a hot day. The tag must go in the mottled area as it is free of any heat reflective coating, so the signal to it is not blocked by the metallic coating on the glass.

In situations like this please fix the tag on the clear windscreen glass next to the casing of the equipment that is occupying the mottled/shaded area.
https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/faq/

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 11:04   #3
Forg

Difficult to find a photo of that part of the car ... but does it look like this?

If so, that great big plastic box in front of the rear-vision mirror seems to hold all your magical gubbins and there doesn't seem to be a wide metal strip which might mask a signal? If that's true it looks to me that you just mount it anywhere it's not too visible ... I assume it's similar to any e-Tag in size & shape? One thing I did to hide our latest e-Tag in our car (not an XC90), which is all semi-gloss black trim in that area, was to also spray the e-Tag in semi-gloss black, and it does hide it nicely when mounted directly next to the equivalent of that box in our car.
Forg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 14:06   #4
Robbie34

On my V60 I have my BipandGo tag in the centre of the windscreen, just below the mirror, without a problem.
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 19:56   #5
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Anywhere within that red shaded area and you should be OK. I have mine 1" from the top of the windscreen and about inch and a half to the left of the intellisafe pod (gives the techies a bit of room to manoeuvre when they need to remove the pod).
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 14:44   #6
Beancounter27

Thanks for the advice from you all. Really helpful and I shall mount the tag next to the ‘gubbins’ behind the mirror (after painting the holder black!)
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 17:18   #7
Whippy
Premier Member

To be honest, mine resides in the centre console, wife holds it up as we pass through, never had a problem. Your mileage may differ.