Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting times, XC60

Views : 27920

Replies : 201

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 9th, 2018, 11:47   #1
OV4

Default Waiting times, XC60

After a bit of thinking, I put down an order for an XC60 T8 about a month ago. At that time the salesman thought delivery would be in March / April - a longish wait but not extraordinary.

Earlier this week the dealership called to say that Volvo have committed all their 2018 model year XC60s already (they have more orders than they have allocated for th T8 model, I think), and that mine - whenever it comes - will have to be a 2019 model year vehicle. May / June is the current delivery timeframe, which makes for a very long wait, and that is the dealer’s guess rather than accurate information from Volvo.

I understand that manufacture of the XC60 is about to begin in China, and I wondered if some or all European-sold XC60s will come from there. There’s now a freight rail link from there to here so it could be done without the added risks of sea freight I suppose.

Anyway, I wondered if other purchasers have experienced 4/5/6 month wait between order and delivery?
OV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 12:51   #2
PeterBelgium

Same story here in Belgium. Ordered XC90 T8 mid december. MY2018 sold out. No one knows when MY2019 will arrive.
PeterBelgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 13:57   #3
Gunge

I tried to order a XC60 T8 in December but was told orders were not being taken. I called around a bit over Christmas and found a dealer with a build slot at the start of March which was a cancellation. In the process of signing up to the March car a Feb slot became available but I wasn't in that much of rush and was happy to wait to see of the PHEV grant would become available, so I stuck with March. If you do some legwork you may find something.

The whole experience of looking for a new car was rather underwhelming. For whatever reason most dealers I visited (Merc x 2, Audi x 2, Jag, BMW, Volvo x 2) behaved like they were not interested in selling cars. The third Volvo dealer where I placed the order was also rubbish when I visited ('none available - have wait for MY19, no idea when...next customer please') but we eventually had good service from a staff member who was a friend of a friend. Crazy.
Gunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 14:08   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBelgium View Post
Same story here in Belgium. Ordered XC90 T8 mid december. MY2018 sold out. No one knows when MY2019 will arrive.
The final decisions are currently being made by Volvo UK on the MY19 specifications/options etc which should be in the public domain in early March with the MY19 production starting end April/early May
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 14:23   #5
senwar

I was quoted May/June delivery last week for MY19 (D4 R-design).

I'm hopefully ordering mine on Sunday (or at latest next week) so hopefully get a clearer picture.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 14:46   #6
tostex

I ordered my T8 in July and it arrived the dealer in December. I have it since middle January.

I'm in Portugal.
tostex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 15:40   #7
Waggatron

I’m looking to order a XC60 D4 auto very shortly and have been told delivery early May. Been trying to get some PCH quotes and some lease companies have come back saying MY18 sold out and hence they can’t quote until MY19 available.

I’d like to think 12.3” screen will become standard given it is on the XC40.
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 18:51   #8
OV4

Not just me, then, and not just the T8 model either.

Might just be because it's a new model, but it seems that Volvo might not have planned for the success of the XC60 (funny, as the last model sold very well too).

Will have to try to summon up patience from somewhere, and not get too busy selling my current car
OV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 19:40   #9
Considered1
Premier Member

Good luck guys, i'm sure the wait is worth it.
Good time to add to my GEELY share holdings
Also dont think many other manufacturers would be able to build a car much quicker than 3 months
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2018, 07:04   #10
Adam1274

I ordered my T8 mid November and took delivery 10 days ago which was the estimated date I was given.

I will say though, it’ll be worth the wait when you get it 😁
Adam1274 is offline   Reply With Quote