Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 "Fill washer" error?

Views : 1186

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2018, 11:16   #1
mikrt

Default V50 "Fill washer" error?

I have an issue I've not had a good chance to investigate yet, so looking for some pointers before I take a look tomorrow.

Message on dash telling me to top up washer reservoir popped up a few days ago with nothing coming out of nozzles onto windscreen, it hadn't been that long since filling up, but didn't think too much about it so duly filled it up.

It didn't take much to fill. The problem is the message is still there, and I cant get any fluid onto the windscreen apart from a few feeble squirts.

So, I know the tank is full, but the message is still there too with not a lot happening.

Has anybody any ideas where I need to start looking, or is it a case of taking off the OSF wheel liner and taking a close look?

Thanks.
mikrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2018, 11:24   #2
mikrt

Just occurred to me.....

Could be a frozen tank?

I have been using proper screenwash, but maybe not @ the correct strength.

Wife's got car in work today, so I'll check tomorrow.
Old Mar 19th, 2018, 17:40   #3
Peter Budd

I saw a Youtube regarding RainX screen wash . It showed a build up of gunge on the sensor sitting at the bottom of the washer bottle. Bloke cleaned it with a toothbrush taped onto the end of a stick so he could reach it without having to dismantle anything ? He had been previously getting the low fluid warning on his S40...This sorted it .
Peter Budd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Budd For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2018, 21:00   #4
mikrt

Thank you Peter, I'll look out for that tomorrow.
Old Mar 23rd, 2018, 01:29   #5
mikrt

Thumbs up

Turns out the sensor and bottom of tank was full of bright blue gunge, including the filter.

I didn't try from above, I pulled the driver's wheel and liner off, then removed both bottles. There's no way I could have reached the bottom from above, the top tank has a pipe leading into a lower tank. All cleaned up, well flushed out and good as new.

I wonder if different makes of screenwash, with a slightly different chemical mix interact and cause this to happen?

Thanks all. especially Peter.