Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your x40 today???

Views : 1078447

Replies : 12937

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2017, 11:06   #11961
ilikewatch
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyship007 View Post
Aeolus tyres are made by the biggest truck and agricultural vehicle tyre manufacturer in China and they don't seem to make rubbish tyres.
So, anyone know more about how good their tyres are AND if they know where I can find some braking distasnce tables for the size involved ??
Well, given that they didn't bother to spell check their own catalogue "SHORT BRAKING DISTANCE MAKES BIG DIFFRENCE TO YOUR SAFTY!". How much care do you think they put into designing and manufacturing their tyres?

Page 07-08

http://www.aeolustyre.com.uy/data/de...R_completo.pdf
'18 (68) silver Volvo V40 T3 R Design
ilikewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ilikewatch For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2017, 21:46   #11962
skyship007
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikewatch View Post
Well, given that they didn't bother to spell check their own catalogue "SHORT BRAKING DISTANCE MAKES BIG DIFFRENCE TO YOUR SAFTY!". How much care do you think they put into designing and manufacturing their tyres?

Page 07-08

http://www.aeolustyre.com.uy/data/de...R_completo.pdf
Yep, does not look good, BUT each country seems to have a seperate franchise operation, so the sales and marketing blurb will be a translation done by them.

Thanks for that link and they do seem to be selling the exact same tyre in the UK, the 4 season AA01, but for some reason it does not have an EU cat label for the smaller sizes, although their primary market in the UK is in the commercial vehicles sector, so they might still be getting their car tyres rated.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)

Last edited by skyship007; Apr 1st, 2017 at 21:57.
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 17:31   #11963
3rk5

Got new (used) tires today, 205/45 R16. Now I have to wait until the end of the week to mount them on the rims and finally put my summer wheels on.
3rk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 18:16   #11964
V40Vinnie

Acquired some replacement interior trim accents in brushed silver finish so i need to fit them, any tips on removing the dorr cards?
V40Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 23:01   #11965
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Bonnet catch won't catch -- I recall this happened when my cable rusted & snapped on the last V40. It's been in the post for a while.

Need to get it off and have a look to check, but the sheath is intact, so assuming it's just the end that's broken it's an easy & quick job to rethread the cable sheath with a s/s tandem gear cable.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 20:35   #11966
Jebus
VOC Member

Put a small dent into my credit card today, ordered set of bulbs for my heater panel and headlight switch, a new antenna rod, top nut and cap from FRF, need to wait on the cap coming from the Classic parts section in Sweeden so might take a few weeks, but will mean that I have a fully working and presentable electric aerial and a properly lit up dash.

Is it just me or does having the little things all working properly make the car feel that much better?

Just need to get my arse into gear, fit the stainless catback, and then go over it and figure out anything it might need for the MOT, pretty sure the rear calipers will need done. mismatched pair on it as it is.

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 21:31   #11967
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Put a small dent into my credit card today, ordered set of bulbs for my heater panel and headlight switch, a new antenna rod, top nut and cap from FRF, need to wait on the cap coming from the Classic parts section in Sweeden so might take a few weeks, but will mean that I have a fully working and presentable electric aerial and a properly lit up dash.

Is it just me or does having the little things all working properly make the car feel that much better?

Just need to get my arse into gear, fit the stainless catback, and then go over it and figure out anything it might need for the MOT, pretty sure the rear calipers will need done. mismatched pair on it as it is.
Whenever I order parts for the C70, they come via Classic parts Sweden. Always three day delivery, never been any longer.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 21:43   #11968
druid
V40 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post

Doing all the litle things is what its all about, found my drivers side headlight out and feared the worst but it was the plug on the bulb, all better now.
Also fixed my clunk, after the ARB refit i used a bolt from the cupboard. Today swaped it for a high tensile shorter bolt and this time it even has a washer on it!

An MS Warior living one day at a time
"Neville" 207,000 so far. Water use 0 - oil negligible....
druid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to druid For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 22:03   #11969
Jebus
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Whenever I order parts for the C70, they come via Classic parts Sweden. Always three day delivery, never been any longer.
Thanks thats handy to know, Suppose some stuff from the Classic parts section can vary how long it takes, just wait and see, am sure FRF will get stuff out as fast as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Doing all the litle things is what its all about, found my drivers side headlight out and feared the worst but it was the plug on the bulb, all better now.
Also fixed my clunk, after the ARB refit i used a bolt from the cupboard. Today swaped it for a high tensile shorter bolt and this time it even has a washer on it!
Its always, good to stop the rattles and clunks

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 22:04   #11970
bobthecabbage
Premier Member

Passed its MOT on monday but the guy said not to bring it to another mot without replacing the bottom ball joint boot (I hope he said boot because I have the boot, I don't have a new wishbone). Also said it was a bit rusty at the back and one of the front brake pipes was rusty on the end.

Also fuel economy is poor.

Perhaps I should buy a new(er) car instead?

Tags
bacont4, bananahammock, mp3, mp3s, rubbisht4s, uttergarbage