Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Judder through car

Views : 2563

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 20th, 2008, 06:46   #11
mustangsally
Mustang Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchV40 View Post
It is only at the speed 80-100 km/u. When driving faster there si no judder.
So a bent rim can not be the problem I guess...
No cupping...
What judder is typical to be present at those specific speeds?
Sorry guy's, I just found out he's Dutch, so am I, so I'm going to make this a little easier for us.

Hee, het is dus geen cuppen, je hebt je hand vlak op de achterband gelegd, en tegen de rijrichting ingevoeld, en je voelde geen scherpe randjes, of opstaande randjes? Dus in de rijrichting net zo glad als dat je naar achteren voelt? En kromme velg kan zeker wel een oorzaak zijn, meestal worden de trillingen bij een echt kromme velg alleen maar heftiger, maar als er een vlak stuk in de velg zit dat niet te heftig is kan het best ook weer verdwijnen, netzoals onbalans in het wiel.

Heb je je wielen al laten balanceren? Het kan namelijk best zijn dat je een balanceerloodje verloren bent. Controleer voor de zekerheid even al je wielen, dus zowel voor als achter of er een balanceerloodje aan de buitenkant én aan de binnenkant van het wiel zit.

Heb je toevallig kortgeleden een flinke noodstop moeten maken? Hierdoor ontstaat vaak een vlak stuk op/aan een band die dan ook weer onbalans geeft. Zelfde kan gelden voor een stoeprandje meepikken. En als je dan toch op je knieen zit om te controleren of er overal nog loodje op de velgen zitten, controleer dan meteen of er geen bobbels op de wang van de band zit. Kom je een bobbel tegen, linea recta naar de garage ermee en laten vervangen, die staat op het punt van exploderen.

Veel succes
mustangsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 21:22   #12
DutchV40

I checked all things.
I must say that it aren't really vibrations You feal through the whole car.
It is more like a slight "shaking" feeling...
DutchV40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 22:54   #13
jimboynugget

Perfomance tyres have a specific direction. If they're on backwards then the tread pattern will cause vibrations at particular speeds. Check for the words "INNER" and "OUTER" (or similar wording) on the sidewalls. "OUTER" should always be on the outside of the tyre regardless of whether it's on the left or right of the car.
jimboynugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 11:25   #14
DutchV40

Tyres are (fitted) ok...
DutchV40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 02:33   #15
iantowil

Default What was the cause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchV40 View Post
Tyres are (fitted) ok...
Hi - just did a search and found this post old post - I have a very similar issue with my C70, so just wondering did you get to the bottom of the vibration?
Cheers
Ian
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote