Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY19 XC60 - Sensus Rebooting

Views : 3073

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 15:19   #1
encroute

Default MY19 XC60 - Sensus Rebooting

So, last few journeys the Sensus has died and rebooted on start-up.
Each time it happened twice, before normal operations resumed.

All controls (Radio, Maps, Steering wheel Trip/Media/Phone control etc. non responsive) before it died.
Today there was no radio at all until after the 2nd reboot.

I think I've discovered a link - each time I had the phone already connected or was connected as it was being powered up. (Set to charge only - as I use Android Auto only for longer journeys for Maps/Audible/Podcasts).

Need to test more, but any reason the Sensus boot process would be confused by the phone's connection?
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2018, 09:25   #2
Haldex
Premier Member

Hard to say- but it shouldn’t.. Your phone was connected to the white port (AA/ACP) or the standard usb port?

Do you use any of the internet-connected apps? (eg. TuneIn, Spotify..) My theory is that all issues on Sensus are caused by glitching apps in poor network conditions. I use no sensus native media apps- run TuneIn and Spotify through ACP - and in 11 months of ownership my Sensus has been perfect- quick boots, no glitching/restarts/black screen..
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2018, 09:50   #3
huib berger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Hard to say- but it shouldn’t.. Your phone was connected to the white port (AA/ACP) or the standard usb port?

Do you use any of the internet-connected apps? (eg. TuneIn, Spotify..) My theory is that all issues on Sensus are caused by glitching apps in poor network conditions. I use no sensus native media apps- run TuneIn and Spotify through ACP - and in 11 months of ownership my Sensus has been perfect- quick boots, no glitching/restarts/black screen..
I have had the same on my (ex Swedish) XC90 T8. I found a connection with playing music from a usb-stick. All software on my car has been reloaded recently and it has since not occurred. However my dealer informed me that it is a known issue for which a remedy is being developed. It is expected to be available in week 48 so they say.....
huib berger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huib berger For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2018, 23:05   #4
Jcbrown

had this, or similar since I got the first S90, almost 2 years ago now. Sensus used to freeze solid, and could not be used until you switched everything off. Second S90 did exactly the same. Classic one was when 4 representatives from Volvo Sweden were in the car interviewing me about my experiences, likes & dislikes. It went very quiet at that point

then there was a s/w update in mid 2017 which at least meant Sensus rebooted rather than froze. then there was the final, guaranteed, 100%, definite, … fix for this problem update almost 1 year ago in late '17.

I find Sensus still reboots on occasions, and as encroute says, always twice in a row. it does not happen often for me - maybe once a month, or every other month.

I cannot spot any pattern myself. Others have reported using specific apps (cannot remember which) is the cause, or just having a specific app installed, but not used causes it. I have had it happen when the apps are not installed. it rarely happens at start, but it has. A phone might be connected, or it might not. if a phone is connected it might be Android or Apple. It may be connected via Bluetooth, or by cable via ACP/AA USB port.

However, when it does happen it usually just happens at random for no apparent reason. I might have indicated, I might have changed from DAB to Spotify (or the other way). I might have just used voice control to try and do something. Or more often than anything, I am just driving along a straight road, and have not pressed a single button, switch, toggle, screen, … for quite a while.

That is my experience, your own may (will) differ.

interesting that being told the fix in late '17 would finally resolve it. Here we are a year later being told the same thing about the late '18 fix.
Old Oct 4th, 2018, 06:08   #5
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by encroute View Post
Need to test more, but any reason the Sensus boot process would be confused by the phone's connection?
Software bug in Sensus.
Get it updated to the latest version.

If that doesn't fix it, keep going back for updates until it is fixed

As an example of how long this can take, I note that I have used Microsoft software in my office for over 20 years.
Microsoft software still crashes and freezes and needs to be switched off and on again to make it work.

So anticipate that it may take many years to resolve all the software bugs, and during that time more software bugs may appear.

That's just life with software.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2020, 16:57   #6
pshelton59

Default MY18 XC60 T6 Inscription - Display/Sensus rebooting

I have the same issue. Display console freezes and reboots. Cycled 2 times this morning. Froze the song in mistune and restarted. Came back up and rebooted 2nd time after resuming normal operation. After the 2nd reboot it was fine.
pshelton59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2020, 19:47   #7
WhatNext?

I get Bluetooth connection errors if I connect my phone before starting the car