Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New to Volvo and abouot to buy a V90 CC - some questions!!!

Views : 4464

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2020, 14:24   #21
Bogus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbarrier View Post
Hi Bogus,

Last year we got a MY19 V90CC Pro with amongst other things 21" wheels. The car does look really good on them and they really fill the wheel arches but they must be the reason for the shocking turning circle. You do get used to it but any tight turns or manoeuvring requires a little more attention. The tyres are fairly rare but as more and more cars and SUVs are getting 21s the choice should improve. Our car has got air suspension (rear only I believe) and the ride is good even with the 21s. No crashing and banging at the front which I did expect.

We have a smaller dog than your GSD and didn't really want the metal drop-down guard. Luckily, the car came with the Family(?) pack which includes a pull up net that secures in the roof. Perfectly good enough for our dog even though it leaves gaps at the sides and I'm sure would be strong enough for yours even allowing for it's weight and the physics of a collision.

Surprisingly, given the comprehensive but slightly bewildering Volvo UK spec, it only has the standard audio which is OK but I'm envious of your B&W. No wireless charging available for our MY and I don't know if it's available as a retrofit but it does have the Apple/Android Carplay.

We are really pleased with it and glad we cancelled our factory order for an E Class MB. It's a rare car on the roads and really stands out from the crowd. Anything else I can help with please just ask.
As I washed it yesterday:-
A quick question on the tyres, what did your car come with and have you had to change them and if yes, what did you go for ?

of the few choices available, a balance between quality and price would be the Premium Contact 6 adn sporty option would be Sport Contact 6.
Bogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2020, 18:02   #22
crashbarrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexV90 View Post
Sorry for the b*tchy comment but that is an absolutely hideous spec. Looks like a Korean SUV wannabee.
I'm so glad you like it! Our previous vehicle was a South Korean SUV; gosh who'd have guessed it.
Old May 28th, 2020, 18:07   #23
crashbarrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
A quick question on the tyres, what did your car come with and have you had to change them and if yes, what did you go for ?

of the few choices available, a balance between quality and price would be the Premium Contact 6 and sporty option would be Sport Contact 6.
Hi Bogus,
It came on Pirelli P Zero tyres and fortunately, none of them is close to needing replacement yet. With regards to alternatives, I would have to have a good search on the internet of reputable reviews and prices but as it stands I don't have a particular tyre in mind.
Old May 31st, 2020, 13:41   #24
Bogus

Car getting delivered on Tuesday. Quite excited. My first Volvo..

Any advice on what to look out for on this car apart from usual visual inspection and checking all electricals work.
Old May 31st, 2020, 14:31   #25
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Car getting delivered on Tuesday. Quite excited. My first Volvo..

Any advice on what to look out for on this car apart from usual visual inspection and checking all electricals work.
Good luck for Tuesday - hope the car meets your expectations, in my view the V90 CC is a great car, it is a very good long distance cruiser.

I am not sure if this a brand new car, Bogus, or a Selekt one - new ones should have a Vodaphone 100GB SIM card fitted in the slot at the back of the boot floor.

Also make sure that VOC is set up for you.

Definitely check that those 21” alloys haven’t been kerbed!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SuffolkBoy For This Useful Post:
Old May 31st, 2020, 15:29   #26
Bogus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
Good luck for Tuesday - hope the car meets your expectations, in my view the V90 CC is a great car, it is a very good long distance cruiser.

I am not sure if this a brand new car, Bogus, or a Selekt one - new ones should have a Vodaphone 100GB SIM card fitted in the slot at the back of the boot floor.

Also make sure that VOC is set up for you.

Definitely check that those 21” alloys haven’t been kerbed!!
It is a March 2019 Selekt Car and it is the V90 CC with almost everything ticked except the 4 zone climate control.

it does have the upgraded 21s and will check. only done 4 k miles and i think it was ex demo.

need to speak to dealer aboput VoC and also about the sim card
Old May 31st, 2020, 19:51   #27
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
It is a March 2019 Selekt Car and it is the V90 CC with almost everything ticked except the 4 zone climate control.

it does have the upgraded 21s and will check. only done 4 k miles and i think it was ex demo.

need to speak to dealer aboput VoC and also about the sim card
The Vodaphone SIM only came in for MY20 cars (delivery to Dealers around mid May 2019) - yours would be a MY19.

You will need to purchase your own SIM if you want to make use of the Apps built in to the Sensus infotainment system and SatNav traffic alerts.

I bought a “Three” 12 month, 12GB data SIM online earlier this month for £27.99, replacing the one I bought a year ago. You could use your data from your phone to do the same job if you have a contract with a good amount of data each month.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuffolkBoy For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 10:24   #28
crashbarrier

I would echo what Suffolkboy has said and that is to make sure the VOC is set-up by the dealer before you leave. You can download the app ahead of time to ease the process. My car didn't come with a sim but I purchased a bargain Vodafone 24 month SIM for a very good price by just keeping my eyes open for deals (doesn't have to be V-fone). There is no rush to get it so until then you can just use your own phone as its connection. I can't recall the price I paid, or the size, as I recently managed to delete every single email that I've ever received. All of them. So I don't have a record anymore.
You will get two regular keyfobs and one 'sports' keyfob. I would test them all.
I'm a bit weird in that I always like to have the sales brochures and price list for the car I'm buying so you could ask him for an old one which he may well still have.
I also like to have a paper copy of the Owners Manual as there is not one with the car. It comes from Sweden and was about £35 but he may be feeling generous and cover that otherwise, it needs ordering.
Touch-up paint would be handy but I haven't got around to it yet. I'm going to order one today as I've just realised it's a discontinued colour and may be in short supply.
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 13:43   #29
MikeGMT
VOC Member

As a Selekt car all the software should have been updated, but perhaps check to make sure this is the case. Also there is currently a ongoing Recall Notification for the AEB system, worth finding out if this has been done.
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 13:58   #30
crashbarrier

One more thing related to Polestar, actually two.

1. Make sure that the dealer fits the little Polestar badge to the tailgate.
2. Make sure he gives you the package that comes with Polestar that consists of an aluminium plate with an S90 printed on it if only so you can marvel at its beauty and ask "Why?". Pointless piece of metal and maybe I'm missing something but it does allow them to somehow justify the price of a small piece of software.