Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

More Issues

Views : 504

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2020, 11:20   #1
leeprosec

Default More Issues

Hi there all,

I am new to this so please be nice..

I have a 2014 xc60 d4 2.0l fwd and i am having nothing but issues, i have owned the car for nearly 2 years and unil recently never missed a beat, but about 3 weeks before lockdown i hav=d to take it to volvo for a recall, something to do with software update and something with the manifold, they couldnt do the update due to a issue with egr valve, at this point iwent to my friends garage in doncaster to see if he could do anything, he said yeah no probs and said he was busy and could fit me in 2 weeks time and that it would be fine to carry on driving it, how wrong was he, a week later i had engine management light on and loss of power to nothing, so was recovered to his garage, a few days later and just over £800 egr valve was done, a day after engine management light was back on again, so back it went, this time egr cooler, so back it went again and another £650, a week later and it was ready to pick up and my mrs went to collect with the kids, she got less then a mile up the road and was smoking very bad, aa to the rescue, but this time there was a pool of oil underneath the car aswell, back to the garage, and when we got there we found a pool of oil where the car was sat waiting for it to be picked up, after he had a look, apparently there was a crank shaft seal gone, under cam belt, and also egr cooler faulty and leaking coolent into exhaust, so i told him to do cam belt as well while there, then lock down come, 8 weeks later i get the call to collect car, £500 later, this was last night, now when i picked car up he said it may smoke a bit as resisidue still in exhaust, any way after 1 mile it had smoked and then cleared, after 1.8 miles, i turned a corner and as went to accelerate slowly it jolted (if spelt correctly) and then a awful ticking sound from engine,and was smoking under bonnet, i turned off straight away and called garage, to which he said he didnt know and call aa to get back to him, after about a hour and 2 mins before aa arrived, the owner of the garage turned up where i was, and me trying tpo be calm and not slap him, then aa turned up, and all he was telling aa man is that he thinks its turbo and thats all he kept saying, aa man would not start it and said he had to have it back, but once garage man left aa man said its not a turbo its definatly to do with his timing, and smoke coming from engine bay near windscreen could be again a dodgy egr cooler, and hes only saying turbo as that would be new issue and chargeable to me, i have heard that when egr cooler is done, there is a pipe that needs to be done aswell, and this hasnt been replaced.

So my question is, has anyone ever heard of these issues going at same time, or is he having my pants down?

Please someone, do you have any advice??
leeprosec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:00   #2
xsaab
Master Member

This section is for MY 17 for XC 60s - I suggest you go into the
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187
section.
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote