Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2002 v70 d5 s

Views : 474

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2019, 21:05   #1
DarkendViper

Default 2002 v70 d5 s

Hi guys,

Currently looking at selling my 02 V70 D5 S after buying an 08 xc70 d5 awd. Car has full history until 218k I think if the brain cells are working. It's due a service now, along with an MOT in June, think it needs a tyre to get through the MOT, but is more than likely an advisory.

As for rest of car it's currently on 228k miles, just had an aux belt, tensioner and extra idler pulley as they failed 2 weeks ago, didn't damage timing belt luckily. Timing belt was done at 198k as done by previous owner, looks in good nick to verify.

Has 3 good Pirelli P7 nero gt XL tyres with 17" alloys, alloys are quite good. Drivers seat has a rip along the front seam on the base, and heating on it doesn't work. There was a clutch put in by my local indy 2 years ago using all genuine volvo parts from volvotradeparts on ebay including rear crank seal and core plug. I've also replaced the rear disks, pads and handbrake shoes 3 years ago. It was also treated to a set of replacement shocks and heavy duty springs 1.5 years ago when they came up as an advisory on the MOT.

It was a cat D in the past, someone went down the drivers side damaging both doors, rear drivers door doesn't have the trim on, but I have it in the garage waiting to be attached. Dash has usual problem of info bit not always working or displaying wrong characters and the clock rolls forwards or backwards depending on mood but rest works.

Has a removable towbar with 13 pin electrics and averages 50mpg according to dim when working. Outside has various corner marks and scratches from previous owner and a few car park dings from other drivers in car parks. Interior roof liner has some marks in the boot area and dash has a dent/mark from where a bit of wood was rested on it.

I'll try and get some pics, but it needs cleaning and emptying still as it's got some of my work stuff still in it. If anyone is interested in pics in current state pm me and i'll do my best.

Anyway the end is i'm looking for about £400ish, do you guys think this is reasonable? I'm the 3rd owner so next one will be the 4th. I've had it since Oct 2015 and it's only let me down once when the aux belt failed.

If anyone wants more info post here or PM me and i'll see what I can sort out.

Regards,

Ste
DarkendViper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkendViper For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2019, 17:50   #2
DarkendViper

MOT runs out 4th june 2019, no advisories at last mot.

Here's a link to pictures, it's not been cleaned or anything in the pics

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai340TFXvJ2jlkAP3ynblwCyrLxk
DarkendViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 20:55   #3
LankyTim
Missing the point

Is this still available? My V70 might be going at it's next MOT due to rust.
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote