Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New member potential buyer with questions

Views : 1265

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2019, 18:46   #11
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfieldassasin View Post
Yeah shame that I'm really after shadow light system the rest would be a bonus.
It was one of my reasons for getting the pro pack, but the lights arent really worth it in retrospect.
Old May 18th, 2019, 23:03   #12
WhatNext?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief inspector View Post
It was one of my reasons for getting the pro pack, but the lights arent really worth it in retrospect.

Have to disagree on this

And the heated front windscreen and steering wheel.
I'll never buy a car without these personally
Old May 19th, 2019, 08:29   #13
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke69 View Post
Have to disagree on this

And the heated front windscreen and steering wheel.
I'll never buy a car without these personally
I like the heated screen and steering wheel, but I dont think the lights are that great, they spend a lot of time hunting around and the motorway dipped beam is just standard, some other adaptive lights adopt more near side lighting at high speeds on motorways, this system just reverts to standard dip.

Of course they are better than standard, but I’m jut not sure they would be a deal breaker without them.
Old May 19th, 2019, 08:58   #14
Anfieldassasin

I guess they are not a deal breaker per se. I'm going to be on a 3 year lease and if I'm paying monthly for that long might as well get something that you want. Will be my first new new car for myself.

I'm looking at monthly prices for the inscription plus. Looking like 300 per month that and 265-280 for the momentum pro.
Anfieldassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 10:10   #15
jonnyu

I have the Inscription trim and I do recommend it.
While the Momentum pro/plus will give you a lot of extra equipment comparing to the Momentum configuration, it's still a Momentum with rubber dash, standard seats, etc.
The inscription trim brings the fun part about Volvo cars: the luxury experience. And for that price difference on a S90, it's worth it.
Old May 20th, 2019, 18:31   #16
Anfieldassasin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
I have the Inscription trim and I do recommend it.
While the Momentum pro/plus will give you a lot of extra equipment comparing to the Momentum configuration, it's still a Momentum with rubber dash, standard seats, etc.
The inscription trim brings the fun part about Volvo cars: the luxury experience. And for that price difference on a S90, it's worth it.

Thank jinny I agree about the pricing it's great value for money. I've checked lease for a seat Leon and other similar car and they're actually the same price! Wiered really.
Anfieldassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 19:59   #17
Zebra
Chief of Staff

I like the inscription pro set up.

The adaptive lights are good. They do light the nearside on the motorway at night and on A-roads. Think you are not quite correct Chief Inspector. (Always wanted to say that, but to John Thaw ideally).

V40 D2 R-Design Nav Plus MY2017, 18" wheels, winter pack.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zebra For This Useful Post: