Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking 1997 940 lpt estate

Views : 40457

Replies : 284

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 22nd, 2019, 18:36   #201
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I do indeed have the two brackets the load cover sits on and the two hooks it hooks on to when pulled out.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 17:00   #202
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
I do indeed have the two brackets the load cover sits on and the two hooks it hooks on to when pulled out.
Excellent and thankyou, I've replied to your message........
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2019, 17:18   #203
griston64
Premier Member

Default clip

clip.jpg

This is clip Luke

Cheers

Mark
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2019, 15:41   #204
Ian21401
Premier Member

Default Steel wheels. VO1387534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Those rear seat belt buckles and the load area roof trim clips.
Thanks.
Still need those seat belt buckles and the trim clips but now urgently need at least two good condition steel wheels. Part no. VO1387534. 6J x 15 x 25. Two of mine are badly corroded and new are NLA. Do you still have any?
Ian21401 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian21401 For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2019, 16:23   #205
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Still need those seat belt buckles and the trim clips but now urgently need at least two good condition steel wheels. Part no. VO1387534. 6J x 15 x 25. Two of mine are badly corroded and new are NLA. Do you still have any?
What about a nice set of alloys Ian? Especially if they were at a sensible price?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 16:59   #206
Ian21401
Premier Member

Default Considered it Dave.

Would like to stay original if possible.
Two wheels from front which needed new tyres. One wheel still sound but the inner rim of the other is very badly corroded and looks as if it could have parted company from the rest of the wheel at any time. Fortunate I suppose that they were removed when they were or could have been extremely nasty consequences.
I have two new replacement tyres in transit and intended having the wheels powder coated before fitting the tyres but that’s obviously on hold at the moment.
What is the trading name of Bradens now?
Do you have a set of alloys in mind that would take my existing 185 x 65 R15 tyres?

Last edited by Ian21401; May 30th, 2019 at 17:11. Reason: Add text.
Old May 30th, 2019, 20:04   #207
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Would like to stay original if possible.
Two wheels from front which needed new tyres. One wheel still sound but the inner rim of the other is very badly corroded and looks as if it could have parted company from the rest of the wheel at any time. Fortunate I suppose that they were removed when they were or could have been extremely nasty consequences.
I have two new replacement tyres in transit and intended having the wheels powder coated before fitting the tyres but that’s obviously on hold at the moment.
What is the trading name of Bradens now?
Do you have a set of alloys in mind that would take my existing 185 x 65 R15 tyres?
I do Ian and happen to know they'll be available fairly soon. They're original Volvo alloys, 15" Adharas i think is the name but i can check.
If you are genuinely interested i'll put you in touch with the person who will be selling them once he's finished refurbing the Dracos he's got to fit instead.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 21:47   #208
Ian21401
Premier Member

Default Those wheels.

Thanks Dave. I’ll stick with the steels for the present but if I cannot find any I’ll consider alloys. Cost is a factor as well as I cannot justify the cost of alloys at present. Our conservatory foundation needs underpinning and I don’t know how much it’s going to cost. I could have done without this wheel problem. The corroded wheel is one of a pair off the front. I fitted new tyres to two other used original wheels and fitted them to the car last year. The two wheels which I removed have been sitting in a corner awaiting refurbishment and tyres. I suffered a rear wheel puncture at the weekend which meant I was without a spare so ordered some new tyres and dug out those wheels for refurb. only to find that one was scrap. I should have checked properly when I took them off but simply didn’t think to do so, never having encountered this before.

Can you remember the new trading name for Bradens?

Last edited by Ian21401; May 30th, 2019 at 21:53. Reason: Add text.
Old May 31st, 2019, 14:09   #209
globetrotter

Default expansion tank to radiator hose

Hi do you have the hose that goes from the expansion tank to the radiator with a branch pipe that goes to the turbo cooling pipe?, I'm desperate for one as mine has split, and I'm going on holiday next tuesday, I will pay extra for 24 hour courier to get it here for monday morning
Kind Regards / Steve
globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to globetrotter For This Useful Post:
Old May 31st, 2019, 14:18   #210
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
Hi do you have the hose that goes from the expansion tank to the radiator with a branch pipe that goes to the turbo cooling pipe?, I'm desperate for one as mine has split, and I'm going on holiday next tuesday, I will pay extra for 24 hour courier to get it here for monday morning
Kind Regards / Steve
If Luke cant help you I might have one in the garage.
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post: