Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driving the XC90!

Views : 1056

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 08:52   #1
raife

Default Driving the XC90!

Ok, Friday I drove from North Devon to essex, 7 and a half hours to travel 270 miles (people unable to drive without crashing on the M5 and we all had to stop and look). Then Sunday night I drove 270 miles back to Devon. The Monday night drove 270 miles back to Essex and last night I drove 270 miles back to Devon again.

I can say without hesitation I am loving the xc90...
raife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 11:05   #2
owenfackrell
Premier Member

I have droven mine from Ayr to Southampton and got out feeling like I had when I got in. I recently had a hire car that was a vaxhuall zafira and drove from Southampton to cardiff and felt knackered when we got there (ok the m4 being closed didnt help). I have had mine for 1 and a half years now and still love to drive it.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 13:28   #3
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raife View Post
Ok, Friday I drove from North Devon to essex, 7 and a half hours to travel 270 miles (people unable to drive without crashing on the M5 and we all had to stop and look). Then Sunday night I drove 270 miles back to Devon. The Monday night drove 270 miles back to Essex and last night I drove 270 miles back to Devon again.

I can say without hesitation I am loving the xc90...
Hey Raife,

Was that you travelling past Junction 14 of M4 (Hungerford, Berkshire) last Friday at about 3pm? In a navy blue XC90?

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...128413&page=10

if it was you with the new Led's, they look great.

On the subject of the thread, i've driven mine from Swindon to the Loire Valley with 2 stops 580 miles and felt as fresh as a daisy when i got out the other end.

Last edited by Beavis; Aug 10th, 2011 at 14:45.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 19:11   #4
raife

I would certainly have been as I stopped in reading just before 4pm but mine is black!!! How strange...

Its the "freshness" that gets me with the driving. Thats exactly it.... it feels like ive just driven down the road!

Last edited by raife; Aug 10th, 2011 at 19:32.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 21:57   #5
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
I would certainly have been as I stopped in reading just before 4pm but mine is black!!! How strange...

Its the "freshness" that gets me with the driving. Thats exactly it.... it feels like ive just driven down the road!
....could have been black, it would have been dark navy blue if it was blue, and sun was shining onto it from west so i got a shiny reflection from it. the timing would have been you as reading services is about 30 mins on, would have been about 3:20 ish as i left a nearly restaurant at about 3pm.

if it was, nice to "meet" you. your LED's look great. trying to still get Mrs StuT4 to authorise the purchase.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 07:53   #6
raife

Cool! Mine are still the £20.99 ones from ebay. I contacted the seller and he is sending me some newer "updated" ones that he claims are properly waterproof and won't fail. (all free of charge!)
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 08:02   #7
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

Quote:
Cool! Mine are still the £20.99 ones from ebay. I contacted the seller and he is sending me some newer "updated" ones that he claims are properly waterproof and won't fail. (all free of charge!)
Ooh that sounds interesting, I might hassle him too over the duff second set as was going to just leave it.
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 09:02   #8
raife

He claimed (in chinenglish) that they were a faulty batch.

Really good that he's just sending me new ones. said he's posting them today.