Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 S60 D5 SE Manual - Euro3 for sale

Views : 580

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 18:03   #1
Blue Oval
Volvo Virgin!

Default 2005 S60 D5 SE Manual - Euro3 for sale

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give any forum users the heads up that my S60 is up for sale... the blurb from my Gumtree ad (https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/manu...one/1325522615) can be found below.

There's more pictures available so please give me a shout if you're interested and would like any. The car's currently located in Sunderland for viewings etc.

Selling my 2005 Volvo S60 D5 SE, this car is a Euro 3 model so benefits from the later facelift but doesn't come with a DPF and is one that I searched hard for when buying myself. Being the SE model the spec is excellent, with 9 speaker sound system, heated leather, cruise control, climate control etc. It also has a Volvo fit removable towbar although I've never used or needed this.

I've owned the car for over two years and have spared no expense on maintenance in that time. It's been serviced on time at local garages using Volvo parts, and when I bought it on approx 67K miles I had the cambelt replaced at Dinnages Volvo in Worthing so there is a long time left before it's due again.

The MOT runs through to 31st July 2019 and there were no advisories on it's last test.

Service History is as follows-

15/11/06 - 2569 miles - Squire Furneaux Maidenhead
14/12/07 - 7341 miles - Squire Furneaux Maidenhead
21/04/09 - 14,003 miles - Squire Furneaux Maidenhead
21/04/10 - 20,165 miles - Phil Whitaker Cars Slough
10/05/11 - 31,307 miles - Phil Whitaker Cars Slough
28/05/12 - 41,543 miles - Phil Whitaker Cars Slough
11/06/13 - 50,217 miles - Phil Whitaker Cars Slough
07/07/14 - 60,274 miles - JJ Performance Engineering Aylesbury
15/07/15 - 64,776 miles - JJ Performance Engineering Aylesbury
08/08/16 - 69,201 miles - Red Rose Cars Wendover
13/04/17 - 80,427 miles - Charlwood Automotive
04/01/18 - 92,662 - Alpha Servicing Hove
13/12/18 - 105,549 - Alpha Servicing Hove

Pictures speak for themselves as to the car's condition, I had all four alloys fully refurbished shortly after purchase (fully stripped, not just a cosmetic job), two of them are still perfect, and two have some minor marks (pictured)

Bodywork is in excellent condition with no dents or rust, there is a minor mark on the bottom of the driver's door, but other than that I'm unaware of any noticeable scratches or scuffs.

Tyres are all Michelin Cross Climates with good tread remaining - these tyres are an all season tyre that work like regular tyres in summer, but are extremely high performers in snow/ice during winter.

I had the major service done in December 2018, using all Volvo parts (including oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter), so there's no routine work due for 1 year/12K miles.

Interior is lovely, the leather is in overall good condition, a small amount of wear to the drivers seat side but no cracks or splits. Both heated seats work and the Climate Control blows ice cold.

The inbuilt CD changer no longer works but I've installed a GROM multi-media interface that provides USB/Aux/Bluetooth for media and calls. I've left this kit in, so the lack of a CD changer should pose the next owner no issue. I chose the GROM kit as it uses the car's original head unit amplifier (unlike Parrot) so the centre speaker and Pro Logic II modes all work as they should.

Engine/Gearbox/Clutch/Turbo all drive very well and as you would expect, the power delivery is strong and fuel economy is excellent (I routinely see over 50mpg on my longer trips).

The car is currently SORN'd at my parents house, and can be viewed there. Logbook and all documents are present. I no longer have the car insured, it can be seen moving on the driveway to show there are no obvious problems. Please note that as the car is now uninsured a test drive will only be possible if you're looking to actually purchase and have arranged the necessary cover yourself.

Please note that the private plate has been removed, and the new registration is RK55XLR if you're wanting to look at it's MOT history online/HPI check etc.

Please feel free to call with any questions, additional pictures can be emailed over on requested.
Blue Oval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2019, 10:00   #2
Rossi-fan
Premier Member

Nice looking car, hope you get a buyer.

That said, if I could respectfully make a comment regarding a test drive. I would personally want to see if the clutch was on its way out, that would require a decent test drive, only after which I would make a decision to buy.
Old Jan 4th, 2019, 22:38   #3
Blue Oval
Volvo Virgin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi-fan View Post
Nice looking car, hope you get a buyer.

That said, if I could respectfully make a comment regarding a test drive. I would personally want to see if the clutch was on its way out, that would require a decent test drive, only after which I would make a decision to buy.
Thanks!

Definitely take your point re the test drive. I've updated the wording slightly in the original ad to make it sound a little "softer". Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait for a buyer who is willing to take a chance on insuring the car for a test drive based on it's overall condition and a go up and down the drive. It would be an offence for my dad to allow someone to drive the car uninsured, and I won't ask him to do that when he's basically doing me a favour. Even if it means taking less for the car, I'll still get more than the p/ex value!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Oval For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 20:48   #4
Blue Oval
Volvo Virgin!

Sold for full asking price